say what you mean tell me i'm write

my eyes are closed as i'm talking into my phones vocal typer the words flowing off the tip of my tongue like bullets from a chamber of a 1967 issued handgun, leaving my mouth brain heart faster than they're supposed to. i love you, she said, she didn't mean it i love you he said he didn't mean it i'm sorry, she said, she didn't mean it i'm sorry he said he didn't mean it. lock your lovers away in necklaces and ruby earrings kiss alcohol bottles and pretend their mouths are somebody else's.

rip your heart apart yourself show them each ventricle each heartstring each valve and correctly explain how they were supposed to do it. they don't know the structure of you better than you do. nobody will hurt you as bad as you do. dance it away drink it away sleep it away life your life like it's been stolen and you need to give it back soon. being reckless and being alive are two different things. tell me about how they looked at your face and said yes looked at your body and said yes but looked at your brain and said no, tell me how they thought you were too much. too much to handle too much to understand too complex too in depth too intoxicatingly mesmerizing. i will swallow your words and replace them with diamonds and gold and flower petals. value what is sure to die, things that remain will never be enough. tell me about your tears and i will find a way for you to use them to grow a forest.

allow yourself to bleed when you're hurt allow yourself to be human as you can because trust me you don't want to be a ghost. feel emotion as deeply as you can because trust me you don't want to be vacant. feel each movement in the earths tectonic plates and sigh knowing everything around you is buzzing and bursting and living. refuse to become static noise, scream when you feel like whispering. describe yourself as a god a goddess a being of immortal power feel free to call yourself enchanting, transcendent unimaginably present. there is magic embedded between your molecules. describe yourself using words you reserve for the greatest of lovers realize that self love is the love that makes the sky cry and the flowers grow.

my eyes are closed and i'm still talking into my phone. the words roll off my tongue, down my lips like honey.