slammed doors and lost girls

girls like you and me dont get to be normal. our normal is out of time, a tape playing three seconds too fast, out of rhythm beat tune, wrong lyrics. girls like you and me create bliss when we get the chance and manifest ourselves in universes we make for each other. girls like you and me are old, so old. girls like you and me speak a language they cant decode, we speak in panicked glances and shaking hands and quivering lips and sequences of irregular heartbeats. we speak in slammed doors and bruises and staring into a white wall completely detached from our senses. is this my hand? are those my eyes? is that blood mine or his? girls like you and me are tired. always tired, always on edge always apologetic always breathless always confused at the display of affection. girls like you and me sip regret and longing at a life like theirs, like the other girls who can go home. like the girls that have a home. girls like you and me play the villain as if the role was made for us, come over sweetheart lets talk about how we live life like ragdolls. girls like us know the colors of anger not as red but as the color of his fists of the color of guilt of the color tears of the color of a scar. girls like us understand too deeply girls like us know too much girls like us dont get normal.