|Ch 8| Falling for Gracie

I was woken up by the most obnoxious noise to ever exist 'my alarm

     I was woken up by the most obnoxious noise to ever exist 'my alarm.' To say I was tired was an understatement because I was beyond tired; It took a lot of effort on my part to get up for school.

Maybe I should stop procrastinating.

Once I finished my morning stretches I got up to head towards my closet for an outfit. As I passed by my mirror I took a quick glance at my reflection only to be terrified at what stared back at me.

I mumbled a quite, "Yikes" as I took in my appearance of messy bed hair, dark circles from not getting enough sleep last night and my usually creamy skin this morning was a sickly white pale color due to all the stress and lack of energy I seem to have.

Maybe procrastinating my school work to hang out with Daniel wasn't a good idea...Oh well nothing I could really do now that its been done. I don't understand why I let Daniel distract me.

There is something about him that makes being around a guy so much more easier he's... different from the other guys at Ranch wood High, maybe it's the dark aura that surrounds him that is making me attracted to him like a moth to light or maybe it's just the way he acts so differently around me. When I'm with him it's like he cares about my well being. However, I doubt that is true in fact im probably getting his motives for me wrong and he doesn't care about me or anyone at that, which as much as it makes me upset to see him so serious and not so friendly I can't do anything about his way of acting around others, we are so similar yet so different at the same time. We both hide deep within our walls that keep us protected from the cruel world.

I may not be into all the things girls like, and I might be a prune for not talking to guys because of my own issues but at least I still smile and show emotions for others unlike Daniel who I know doesn't do emotions. I feel like he had to face some tough situations that shaped him into the cautious and reserved person he is today. I keep trying to tell myself that I shouldn't worry about him especially when I know he won't even worry a tinny bit for me but I can't help care about his feeling and the way he acts so differently around people almost like he is forcing himself to act the way he does at school and yet with me I see him actually simile and laugh that beautiful laugh that makes him so much more handsome than he already is, and no i don't like Daniel. I think it's more of a friendly feeling that I'm getting for him. Yes a friendly feeling is what I have for him nothing more and nothing less. Just a friend I assure myself.

With that being my last thought about Daniel I examined myself one more time before I sluggishly hopped in the shower. When my nice hot morning shower was done I got ready for school which took me longer than usual since I had to cover my dark circles with concealer (which I rarely do) by the time I was up and out of my room I only had ten minutes to spare before the school bells would ring. I jogged down the stairs got my bag and then made my way towards my silver Honda Accord, I guess breakfast will have to wait.

Once I am seated in my car I turned the key to start the engine but the usual roar of my car never came. It seems like fate isn't on my side today either.