|Ch 34| Falling for Gracie

"How about this one?" Jessica asks pulling out a navy colored dress embedded with diamonds to the bust

Shaking my head at the dress she pulled out she purses her lips and tiredly sighs putting the decent dress back into the rack.

Jessica was helping me look for a dress since I haven't found mine and she was now showing sighs of annoyance with me. She was able to find her dress two hours ago so lets just say we wear both annoyed by this point it wasn't just her. I tried telling her I could just use one of the dresses I have at home or even borrow one of her's but she said I was being ridiculous and that I needed a new dress especially for the dance so here we still are tired, hungry, and annoyed.

"Your so picky... you also haven't been of much help. I know you don't really want to go to the dance but can you please try to show some excitement to finding a dress that will make Daniel fall to his knees." She pleads with me as she resumes to look through the rack and cringing at feather dress in the rack making me laugh at the sight of her scrunched up nose.

Sighing I nod my head in understanding feeling guilty for stressing her out. She's right I should at least look interested in trying to find a dress to wear as its my problem not her's, "Your right it's just... I'm not really in a good state of mind right now. I feel really jumpy today. I feel as if Xavier is going to come out of the dark and take me with him. Jessica knowing my life is on the line makes finding a dress for a high school dance the last thing on my mind." I tell her frowning while looking at the rack of dresses with a faraway look as I remember the odd behavior Tyler was posing this week .

Ignorance is bliss but sometimes it can be deadly. The same can be said for accusing Tyler of something so vile, he wouldn't dream of hurting me. He said so himself the day me and Daniel got into a fight that day Daniel got jealous because of the music teacher.

Tyler had taken me to get some ice cream after stooping me in the hallway and demanded I tell him what was wrong. I allowed him as I was just to upset to think properly and he was there to help me when I was alone. That day I got to get a better look at who Tyler really is and we talked about his family and mine. Hearing my story about how my father betrayed me and my family made something within Tyler confess to me that he would never harm me and that he would always be there for me and he has been there for me since day one never leaving me alone despite all the nasty look the guys sent him. He was always there for me like an older brother I never had.

Maybe that's why seeing him as anything but the sweet new boy I instantly felt a connection with makes accusing him for working with Xavier all the more hard. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Tyler would be working for someone of Xavier's nature. Its not him.

A soft gentle hand rest atop my left shoulder stooping my searching of a dress I was not bothered in finding.

Jessica's baby blue eyes soften her lips curl into a small sad smile, "I can't imagine how you feel about having a target on your back but I do know that we all love you especially Daniel and the day he lets someone hurt you will be the day hell freezes." She assures as she leans in for a hug her strawberry fragrance instantly wafting around me reminding me of strawberry cake.