|Ch 21| Falling for Gracie

We are currently walking to Daniels car that is still at the school parking lot

       We are currently walking to Daniels car that is still at the school parking lot. The first few minutes there was a comfortable silence between us, no one said anything I mean what could I say after the scene that went down not even ten minutes ago I feel super embarrassed knowing that Jessica had assumed things between me and Daniel I'm just glad he wasn't rude about it and let it slid. I don't know what I would have done if he had rudely commented on what Jessica had believed. That would be very embarrassing for me and I wouldn't have known what to do .

Leave it to Jessica to embarrass me.

During our comfortable silence I couldn't help but wonder whether Jessica's assumption could in some miraculously way be trues? Do we really look like a couple. I mean we do always hang out, he kisses my cheek affectionately (which he never does, to anyone) and he also gets super jealous when a guy tries talking to me aka Tyler. Oh and don't get me started on the hand grabbing which we are currently doing right now as we walk down the dark streets of town.

How the heck did I not notice we were holding hands!?

Thinking about the dark street and what could be out there makes me shiver in fear but again it could just be the cold wind passing by that is making me feel this way.

Daniel noticed my shivering and stoped his long strides causing me to stop walking as well. I give him a calculating look confused as to what he was doing, "Your cold. Here take my jacket I don't want you getting sick under my watch." He says leaving no room for argument as he doesn't wait for my response putting his black leather jacket over my shoulders instantly warning me up. His musky cologne engulfed me making me smile at his sweet gesture but I still can't help the feel of being a burden for taking his only source of warmth away from him.

"Are you sure? I don't want you getting cold." I mumble embarrassed, I hope I don't come out as too needy. He's already taking me home.

'We live next to each other' I remind myself, mentally smacking my self for being so stupid.

"I'm sure princess. Like I said I don't want you getting sick, plus I'm not cold so stop worrying and just wear the jacket before you freeze." He says with one of his rare soft smile playing on his lips.

He really should smile more, life is to short and precious for one to constantly be angry.

"Okay...Thank you." I tell him shyly putting my arms through the arm holes of his jacket.

"Anything for you." He smiles. A comfortable silence surrounds us once again as we stare at each other in the eyes until he awkwardly coughs rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Daniel then looks in the direction we we're  previously heading. Quickly being able to understand his silent statement I head in the direction of school Daniel walking closely at my side.