|Ch 26| Falling for Gracie

As promised after school Daniel walked me down to the music room to meet with Mr

   As promised after school Daniel walked me down to the music room to meet with Mr. Peters to talk about my upcoming performance in the talent show.

"So what exactly are you two going to talk about?" Daniel asks as we walk to said classroom an annoyed scowl on his perfect face.

I roll my eyes at the tone he asked me his question, "I'm just going to give him the track and see if he approves the song. Then he will tell me what time I'm going to go on stage." I tell Daniel earning an 'okay' in response.

We reach the music room and I go to open the door only to have it fly open almost hitting me in the face. Daniel pushes me to his chest saving me from the door that Riahnna had come out of.

At the sight of me Riahnna rolls her eyes, "Ugh it's you, oh and Daniel hey babe." She chirps noticing Daniel. In response to her greeting Daniel groans in annoyance.

"Don't call me babe the only one that can do that is my girlfriend." He says motioning to our conjoined hands. I feel a smirk slowly crawling onto my face at the sight of her frown.

Her frown disappears just as fast as it appeared turning back to her usual scowl, "Don't worry whatever it is you have together won't last longer than a month or two and when it doesn't work out I'll be waiting." She say before walking away without missing the chance to run her manicured hands on his shoulder which he shrugged off in disgust.

"She seems so sure." I laugh as soon as she's gone.

"Don't listen to her she's just jealous." Daniel scoffs in distaste before giving me a kiss on the temple.

"I know." I tell him opening the door and taking out my iPod so I could hand it to Mr. Peter.

Entering the music room I pull Daniel in with me and together we walk towards the young music teacher with blond hair that all the girls seem to woo over, "Hey Mr. Peter I'm sorry I couldn't make it during lunch but I'm here now so here's my iPod with the song I'm going to play, its song number 20." I tell him handing the iPod over so he can keep it safe until after the talent show.

He looks up from the music sheet he was reading and eyes mine and Daniel's conjoined hands a shocked expression etched across his face. Who wouldn't be shocked to see the player and the nerd holding hands, "It's no problem Gracie, I'll take a look at it later tonight to see if it's school appropriate. Oh and Gracie you will be performing April 10th at 5:30pm right after Ms. Spear's." He says smiling at me looking from his clipboard.

"Okay so this week on Thursday?" I ask him.

"Yes that's right I can't wait to here you sing I just know you'll take first place this year." He tells me placing a hand on my forearm.