|Ch 17| Falling for Gracie

After the incident with Tyler we didn't say anything  about Daniels response of me being his supposed girlfriend

After the incident with Tyler we didn't say anything about Daniels response of me being his supposed girlfriend. Did he mean it when he said I was with him? No he was probably just trying to get Tyler off my back about the question that he desperately keeps asking me every time I see him. Why would Daniel mean such a thing in the first place.

Since my car was still in the shop I had to get a ride to school from Brianna so I didn't have to worry about leaving my car at the school parking lot. Oh how I miss my car, the auto shop had called yesterday to let me know that my car should be ready later today.

Right now both me and Daniel are walking to his motorcycle. No one said a word, I mean what could we say I was still stuck thinking about what had happened earlier.

"So what song are you planning on singing." Daniel asks ending the silence.

"I'm not sure yet, but I only need one song I doubt I'll make it to the next round so it doesn't really matter." I sigh making Daniel stop walking he turns to face me and places one of his hands on my cheek.

"Hey don't say that I know I haven't heard you sing which I plan on changing after today, my point is something tells me you sing beautiful. So don't ever let me hear you say that you can't do something because I know you can."

Nothing else was said after that because we had made it to his bike where he gave me his helmet. He wasn't going to wear one since he only had the one and he preferred I wore it then him, he was saying I needed it more then he did whatever that means.

"Wait you wear the helmet it's yours I don't need one." I tell him trying to give it back but he wasn't having it.

"Stop being ridiculous I don't need one I told you I want you to wear it because if something ever happened to you because of me then I would never forgive myself so please don't argue with me about this." He pleads.

"Fine but I don't agree with you." I sigh feeling like a total burden. He's risking his own safety for me. I really do hate the feeling that comes when others have to give something up for my own good.

"Of course you don't." He smiles and pats the seat for me to get on which I gladly do. I actually liked riding in a motorcycle it gives me a thrill I never want to let go. I feel like I can do the impossible that just because I am a nerd or a loser who does nothing but homework it shows that I can do wild things too. I am human after all, we are all the same only with different ideas, preferences and issues.

"Well it's good to see you're not afraid of my bike anymore." He chuckles noticing my eagerness to get on.

"What can I say you're rubbing off on me." I smirk making him laugh at my response. He then got on and turned the key making the engine roar.