20. Lost Blue Cat

Natsu's Pov

It was a rainy Friday; the clouds gray like Gajeel, the sky dark like Zeref, the winds strong like Erza and the air cold like Gray. Today's Friday wasn't your every day Friday. I walked into the gilled everyone starring me down as if I was some kind of stranger. I sat next to Lucy who was eating a strawberry cake that Erza must have shared with her.

I laid my head down on the table burying my face from everybody; I was miserable. Happy was gone. Happy and I were trying to catch a rare kind of insect when all of a sudden rain clouds appeared out of nowhere. We tried to run to shelter but Happy and I ended up splitting up. He's out there somewhere probably crying his eyes out.

I buried my face deeper into my arms praying nothing has happened to my best friend. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and looked up to see Lucy looking at me with a concerned looked. I sighed and gave her a weak smile before covering up my face again. "Natsu...? What's wrong?" She said rubbing my back, it was quite comforting, I lifted my head up and looked at her again. "Happy's missing"

Lucy stiffened up and looked at me with a worried look. "Are you serious?" I nodded my head yes. She sat up quickly and slapped both of her hands down on the bar table. "Well, what are you doing still sitting her moping!! Go out and find your best friend" she grabbed my hand but was jolted back by me not budging. "Lucy its war between Mother Nature & God it's not safe out there"

Lucy pulled her hand back and looked at me angrily. "Who cares? Your helpless best friend is out there and you're just going to sit there and give up? Where is the Natsu I know!" She starred me down waiting for a reply but I didn't give her one I sunk my head low and turned my face from her. I could tell she was disappointed in my actions but I didn't want to risk any of us getting hurt. This was for our safety; this was the best decision, right?

I laid my head down on the bar's counter and dozed off into a slumber. I couldn't get my mind off the fact that my buddy was gone and I was just sitting here doing nothing but sleep. Maybe Lucy was right, maybe I should go out and try to look for Happy. I was awakened abruptly. "Natsu why the hell are you still here?" I lifted my head up from the counter and looked at the purple haired devil. "It's 2 am I wanna go home" Mira was packing up the bar; ready to leave. I sighed and stretched my body. "I was waiting on Lucy" Mira gave me a glowering look. "She left hours ago, you even saw her leave to go look for Happy"

I sent into a swivet. "She went out to do what???" This girl oh my god. I grabbed my coat and stormed out of the guild. How could they let her go out in this weather? Are they trying to get her killed? My mind was jumping all around of the possible outcomes that could come out of this. I started to nitpick scenes in my head. I shook my head to rid the malarkey I was thinking.

I took a deep breath and made my way into the forest where I last saw Happy. I began calling out his along with Lucy's name. Not to my surprise, there was no response. "I'm going to kill her if she's still alive" the wind was going 30mph and I could not keep my balance but I had no choice but to push through.

"LUCY! HAPPY!" I screamed. This was hopeless I was never going to find them like this. I fell to my knees on the verge of giving up. This was all my fault if I hadn't gone to sleep and ignored the problem then and there they would still be here. As I was about the head back home and try to search for them tomorrow I suddenly caught a whiff of Lucy's intoxicating smell. "...Lucy" I whispered questionably to myself. I stood up from my knees and followed the trail of Lucy's smell.