22. A White Christmas

Natsu's Pov

December 25th, 2018

"I-I didn't mean to kill her" I looked at her lifeless body paved in the red snow. "Lu..cy no..." I dropped to my knees staring at my bloody hands. What have I done? This isn't at all what I wanted. All I wanted was the truth.

I continued to stare down at her body wishing this was all a dream. I threw my hands into the snow pleading for all this to go away. A man in all black appeared to my side placing his hand on my shoulder. He had a sinister smile smeared across his face; it was sickening. "But you did" He decried.

1 Day Earlier...

"So have you picked out a present for Lucy yet?" Happy asked wrapping the last remaining gift up. I grabbed it from him and walked over to the Christmas tree placing it with the rest of the gifts. "I haven't made my mind up I'm stuck between giving her an album with all of our times together or buying her some jewelry" Happy scratched his chin indicating he was thinking. "Lucy doesn't seem like the materialistic type, maybe getting her the album would be better"

I sat down next to happy and thought about that my first option. That would probably make her more happy and more from the heart. "I've gotten the album made already because I've figured she'll like that more" Happy smiled and grabbed a present from under the tree and handed it to me. "This is Lucy's present" as I grabbed it a foul stench came from it I quickly pinched my nose and moved it from me. "My god happy what is that smell"

Happy stood up and snatched the present from me. "How rude. These are the fishes I've caught to give to her" I sighed and laughed. "I don't think she'll like that" I stood up and headed to my room to locate the album. I grabbed it from my dresser and stared at It. I know she'll love it.

I started skimming through the pictures. "I remember taking this; she was scared to put the snake around her neck" I laughed to myself. "Wow this was our the first date" I stared at Lucy's smile and I melted inside; she was so happy. I know for a fact Lucy is going to love this.

I closed the album and took it with me to the living room. I began wrapping it up in a different wrapping paper so she knows how special this gift is. "Natsu everyone is here" I heard a knock on the door and finished wrapping it up putting it under the Christmas tree. "Merry Christmas!" Everyone said in unison. They all piled into my house with their gifts putting it under the tree.

And then I finally saw her. Lucy. She looked absolutely stunning, more stunning than usual. She wore a silky white dress that hugged her curves, her hair was tied up into a perfect bun, she had on a white winter coat that gave the dress life. Her eyes were sparking as much as her shoes were. she was so beautiful. I was glad to call her mine. The day I asked her out was the best day of my life and I would never ask for anything more precious than her.

"Natsu stop staring at me gosh, you see me every day," She said blushing. Her getting shy was the cutest shit ever. I gave her my biggest smile. "You get more beautiful every day I see you" She blushed even redder. I leaned into kiss her when I was stopped. "Stop all this lovey-dovey mess and let us get to opening presents" Happy said stepping into between us; Lucy and I laughed. After hours of opening presents it finally came down to the most special present I grabbed it under the tree and stood up making a toast.

"Now Lucy before you open this I just wanna let you know that you are the best thing to ever happen to me. I know I can be dumb at times and annoying and do the stupidest things, if not all the time, but you accepted me for who I am. You're the sweetest person I've ever met. You are my best friend and my lover; I love you"