28. Good Cop, Bad Cop

Natsu's Pov

The air turned black all around me. I coughed relentlessly as the smell of the thick black smoke pervaded my surroundings. I couldn't move on my own, my right leg was fractured severely making me unable to escape this hellhole. I knew if I didn't do anything now I was going to die here. I shielded my eyes from the smoke as I commence crawling towards my walkie-talkie.

This wasn't a game of Cops and Robbers. This was real life and I can hear death knocking on my door. I was face to face with the walkie-talkie, as I reached to grab it, a piece of burning wood fell from the roof and crushed it. I propelled my body to the right dodging another burning debris. I rolled on my back and began breathing in an out trying to calm myself. Where were Happy and Lucy? I cried to myself. I sat up slowly and grabbed onto the nearby wall to propel my body up. It was no sense and moping around if I wanted to get out of here alive I need to find an exit. I kept my hand on the wall to keep myself from falling.

I heard a sudden crash sound and fell to the ground coughing. Yup, it was official I was going to die. I completely lost hope. I had it earlier but I'm giving up "Damn those stupid criminals" I growled to myself. I never had a chance to tell Lucy how I felt about her. If I hadn't joined the stupid police for...no if I hadn't I would have never met her in the first place so that's stupid. I clenched my first trying to hold back my tears. "...funny how things turned out...I remember her telling me playing a Bad Cop can get myself killed now look at me..." I chuckled to myself as a tear slipped from my eyes. I looked down at my hand realizing more tears.

I broke down in tears as I heard another crash come from behind me. "Nat...cough...su" I wiped my tears and turned to look behind me it was Lucy and Happy. "We found you!" Happy said with enthusiasm. He flew to me and lifted me up. "Lucy it's too much fire I don't think I can get him out safely" Lucy looked around frantically and saw a puddle of water. She sighed. "Don't hate me for this" she pulled out her celestial keys and grabbed Aquarius. "Open gate of the water bearer Aquarius!" Aquarius looked extremely upset. "How DARE you summon me in such filthy water who do you think I am?" Lucy laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head.

"It was the only water available" She growled and used her water magic to put out the fire. "Wait Aquarius that's a bit too much WA-" before Lucy could finish her sentence we were all washed away by the powerful current. "Ahhhhhh!" We all said in unison. What is up with this chick? Do she not know I am injured?!?! We all groaned in pain but I suffered the most. I clench onto my leg as the pain intensified from Aquarius's water show. Lucy ran to me and gently rested her hand on my broken leg. "Oh my god Natsu this is bad" I shook my head no. "I'll be fine" Natsu flew down to me with soft eyes. "Natsu...your powers its-" I stopped him before he can finish.

When I first accepted this job I was aware of the amount of danger I was putting myself into. My powers were ripped from me forcefully hence why I couldn't absorb none of the fire. I faked laughed. "...I know it's gone but I promise you i'll be fine" I looked at Lucy and her eyes were filled with tears. "This is my fault...I caused this" Her body fell into my chest as she sobbed away. "Natsu...I'm sorry we could have prevented this if I hadn't gotten mad at you today and told u to go off without me" I felt my heart thump as her head rested in my chest.

She was so warm and tiny. I softly smiled and pushed her back to take a look at her. She started wiping away her tears continuously but was unsuccessful. "Luce this isn't your fault it's nobodies this was all unexpected it couldn't have been prevented" she began crying harder. "No Natsu it is I didn't tell the others about this mission and you could have had back up" I grabbed her and hugged her tightly I didn't want to let go. Happy stood there shocked. "Natsu...does that mean you'll be fired from the Fairy Tail Armed Force?" Lucy pushed herself off me to look into my eyes. "Natsu I'm-" I shut her up by locking my lips onto hers. She was hesitant at first but kissed me back. I series of helicopters flew over our heads and we broke the kiss looking up.

"It's best we save you now you can save all the kissing stuff later" They lowered themselves and airlifted me to the hospital. Lucy sat by myself with tearful eyes. She caressed my cheek softly. "You're an idiot and if you ever kiss me again with my permission I'll do you far worse than what those criminals did," she said with a calm but evil facial expression. I got chills over my body. Lucy was super scary but that's what I loved about her.

Upload Schedule: Sunday & Friday.