Chapter 13

Harry wanted nothing more than to sleep. He spent the entire night closing his eyes and trying to forget the fact that every time he touched his phone he ignited a war inside himself about whether or not to text Jennifer.

But it wasn't to be.

Instead, he laid awake, on his back, staring at the ceiling while he tried not to remember what it felt like to have her in his arms. Or what she smelled like. Or how her voice was scratchy in the morning when she first woke up.

He was a mess. He couldn't stop thinking about Jennifer no matter what he did. Convincing himself that she didn't need him and his crap was easy. Convincing himself that he wasn't in love with her was the hardest thing he ever had to do. Especially when the last time he'd seen her she looked so beautiful he could barely stand it.

He had prepared himself for knowing she'd be beautiful after he hadn't seen her for four weeks. What he hadn't prepared himself for was just how breathtaking she would be.

Now as he walked down the corridor to the dressing room he kept his eye out for her. He'd made his decision after speaking to Annette. There was no way he'd be able to keep his expectations for them romantically under wraps. He wanted her too much. The only way to make sure she didn't feel like she owed him something was to stay as far away from her as possible.

Which was easier said than done.

He was about to round the corner and head towards the dressing room when he felt a hand wrap around his forearm and yank him back. He took a minute to right himself before looking up to see who had just about killed him.

Holly glared at him,

"What the hell are you doing?"

Harry fixed his sunglasses on his face,

"I'm thinking of calling my physical therapist after you nearly pulled me off my feet and broke my neck." He shot back.

Holly put her hands on her hips,

"I don't mean now..."

"Then what the hell do you mean?" He asked.

Holly reached up and took his sunglasses off his face. She shoved them in his pocket,

"I'm talking about Jennifer. What are you doing about Jennifer?"

Harry thought for a moment,

"Nothing. I'm doing nothing." She reached out and sucker punched his shoulder, causing him to jump, "Ow!"

"You're an idiot. Why aren't you telling her how you feel about her?"

Harry sighed,

"Holly, you heard all the same things I did at those meetings. You know why I'm not telling her that."

Holly stopped, reminding herself that what was said in the meeting threw a wrench into her rom com plans for Harry and Jennifer. She shook her head,

"You don't know what will happen. You should tell her."

Harry sighed, pulling his bag up onto his shoulder,

"I know that I don't want to be the reason she feels any kind of pressure."

Holly softened a bit. She hadn't thought of any of this. All she'd wanted to do was see her best friend happy with the man she had feelings for. She sighed,

"Harry-"

"What?" He demanded, "Look, I know you think this is easy for me. But it's not. I want nothing more than to tell her how I feel. But what happens when I do and she can't reciprocate? Then I feel like shit, she feels like shit and everyone is pissed off."