Part 24: Freedom

"Goodnight guys!!" Toby said happily as he walked into his room, shutting the door. It was late and everyone was going to bed. Ben was the most tired of them all becuase he recently was getting no sleep, he was busy with his games, Majoras Mask, etc. The voices were bothering him for a long time now. But he finally had time to sleep, after so long. An hour has passed and ben has woken up to many nightmares. ".. 4th one so far.." he hugged his knees. ".. hopefully Toby is okay.." He had dreamt of Toby getting hurt, it felt real to. "I should go.. check on him.. he's probably finne.." ben got up and walked to Tobys room, carrying his pillow. "Toby..?" He quietly knocked on the door, opening it. "Mh.. ben..?" Toby turned over and sat up to see a pair of bright red eyes staring at him. "Ben.. what's wrong..?" He asked. "Can I sleep with you.." Ben asked, closing the door and sitting on Tobys lap. "Yeah.. of course..!" Toby hugged the small elf. Ben smiled in return and lay on Tobys chest. "Thanks.." They had fallen asleep like that until ben started to move suddenly, in fear. Their dreams were combined.
~in the dream~

They were in a deep lake, it was about 160 feet deep

They were in a deep lake, it was about 160 feet deep.  Ben had fallen in and was trying to get out with the help of Toby, who was on a branch above the water. "Hang on ben.. im almost there!!" Toby reached for ben but he was too far. "I CAHT-... KEUE... OWU" Ben keept trying to swim up and suddenly memories poured into his mind. "TONU!!" He screamed. Toby carefully walked along the tree that had fallen in also. He could of jumped in, rescuing ben and going to the shore but there was NO shore, the place was in a cliff. Suddenly the branch broke in half and Toby fell in the water. "ACK!!" He screamed and swam up quickly. Ben was slowly falling deep so Toby swam back down to grab him. They swam back up and gasped for breath. "Th-thank you.." Ben latched on to Toby. "How are we gonna get back up..?" He asked. Toby hung on to the broken pice of the tree. "I have an idea. I'll push you up, save yourself." Toby grabbed ahold of bens waist. "Wh-what..?? No!! Toby I'm going to save you too!!" He said. Toby pushed him on the tree and fell back in from the pressure. "Toby!!" Ben  yelled, looking down at the sinking boy. "TOBY GRAB MY HAND!!" He shouted and put his hand in the water. Toby grabbed it, swimming up. Ben pulled as hard as he could to get them up but, yet again. The branch broke. They both fell deep, never getting up.
~out of dream~
"Mm-AHH!!" They screamed and jolted up. ".. are you okay..?" Toby shook his head sitting up. Ben looked down, staying quiet. "... come on.. maybe you need some fresh air.." Toby held bens hand and took him to his porch. Ben sat on the railing, looking down and Toby was behind him, holding his waist. It was quiet, and dark. All they heard was the sound of leaves rustling in the wind and the crickets clapping their wings. Ben looked up at the tree, suddenly a image of him falling off the tree came into his mind and he screamed, almost falling off the railing. "BEN..!!" Toby quickly grabbed on to him. "I-... I just.." ben was speachless as he held Tobys neck tightly. "I thing that's enough.. air.." Toby picked ben up, carrying him inside and putting the light on. He sat on the bed to look at ben. Ben looked like he was dying, his skin was very pale, his eyes were bright red and he was trembling. "..." Toby stood in silence, hugging Ben carefully. "When was the last time you did your rounds..?" He asked ben. ".. last week.. why..?" Ben asked, cuddling Toby. "Last week?? Ben you need to do your rounds!! No wonder all these things are happening..!!" Toby told him. "I..was busy.. with stuff.. and.. I just-..." ben paused. Toby sighed, "come on.. its almost midnight anyways. Let's go." Toby got up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two hours later they had found a night wanderer on the streets, ben did his normal thing until the unknown person committed suicide over a bridge. At that moment, Ben teleported to Toby who was watching him this whole time. "Well..?" Toby said. There was a moment of silence before ben fell to his knees having a breakdown. Finally.. Ben drowned had freedom.

Jeezis this was a long chapter .-. WELP I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!! XD also I feel like I should stop ticcidrowned for a bit.. should I..? You guys decide!