8

We've stepped in the foyer and headed to the elevators. When we entered, I felt a familiar energy buzzing between us and I remembered of our last elevator drive. He gave me a knowing look, and I knew he was thinking about the same thing.

Finally the elevator stopped in the 18th floor and he led me out, again putting his hand on the small of my back. I almost closed my eyes at the good feeling of him touching me. I seriously needed to pull myself together. I'm here to discuss with him that things cannot go on like this and that we need to keep a normal friendship for the sake of my sister and Brian.

When I entered the apartment, I was taken aback by how clean and tidied it looked. Something you wouldn't expect from a guy, but in some weird way it suited him.

The place was open and spacious, with very clean-edged furniture in dark brown and white combinations and purely male. A huge dark brown sofa was dominating the living area with a big tv screen, taking up half of the wall. The space led to a modern white dining area and kitchen, and from there another hallway leading who knows where.

I've always wished to have a big kitchen with all these fancy apparatus  and here I come and his place looks like it's pulled out of my dreams. What the hell does he do for living? I cursed myself for not investigate with Becca more.

I look up at Jake and he is looking at my face while I was taking in the space. A small smile was playing on his lips and he looked pleased with my reaction. He came near and asked me for my jacket.

"Oh, you are really trying with this cavalier act today, aren't you?" I tell him with a smirk playing on my mouth.

He smiled, taking my jacket and returning a few seconds later.

"I was always a gentleman, but you just seem to bring out the worst in me." He laughs when I scowl at him. This damn laugh of his is so cute.

"Let me take you to the terrace, and I'll bring coffee outside. How do you take your coffee?"

"Just regular black, with no sugar. Thank you."
I was really surprised with all the politeness act today when he led me away from the kitchen.

I followed him to the back of the apartment, where I could see another door that probably leads to his bedroom.

He turned right and opened a sliding glass door that led to a beautiful terrace, closed in glass from bottom to the top. The weather was beautiful today and it made the place look nice and so cozy.

The view from this floor was absolutely stunning and the whole city was spread out in front of us. There was a nice small table in the centre and on top are spread all kind of delicious things, from different kind of breads, jams, butter, croissants, etc.

He went all out for this. I was surprised and completely in awe. I look at him with amazement in my eyes.

He looked a bit shy when he saw my questioning eyes.

"I prepared some food for us, but didn't want to give you an opportunity to refuse having breakfast with me."

I laughed before replying.
"This looks beautiful, Jake, you didn't need to prepare all this. I would be fine with coffee, to be honest."

I gave him a small smile and his eyes were shining with somethings I couldn't really define.

He cleared his throat and showed us to the table. He poured the orange juice for me and helped me take the food that I liked, before retreating back to the kitchen.

After a few minutes he returned with our coffees that smelled heavenly and it reminded me of our first encounter.

We started eating, enveloped in a comfortable silence and I really enjoyed the food and the surroundings.
Finally he decided to speak.