11

It has been four days since our intimate encounter at my place and I haven't heard a word from him.

I felt my comment was somehow too harsh and I could've wrapped it up nicer, but at the end of the day I was justified to be worried.
He was known for having a lot of women around him, and let's not forget about Serena and the girl from the club.

All this was rational in my head, so I can't wrap my head around why I feel like I screwed up.

I've had an amazing time with him, it felt like never before. We were so in sync like we know each other for years, our bodies were craving each other touch and it felt the most natural thing to listen to his thrumming heartbeat when he was lying on top of me afterwards.
Things like this don't happen often, at all.
Even the relationship and sexual life I had with Scott seems inconsequential and silly now comparing to Jake. He officially blew my mind. This is probably the reason why I called him almost every day since without knowing what precisely to say. But I guess the fear of being hurt again just kept me back and each of those time I put the phone down before it started ringing and hit my head in the wall a few times. Needless to say, it didn't help much.

Today after work I'm meeting Michael. There is no escaping him anymore; he's waiting for me to spill the beans. And to be honest, I wanted to talk with someone about it.

I was chatting with Hanna and she was all supportive in you-are-right-he's-the-asshole kind of way. But it would be nice to hear a guy's perspective on things.

Mike was still young, but his life made him wise beyond his age and I valued his opinion a lot. On top of that, since we were kids we've always told each other everything and I've missed this. His "absence" after the tantrum of his parents splitting cut me deep. The fierce protecting love I have for him is reserved only for my closest-closest people and it was heart-breaking watching him hurt so much.

We met at a small coffee shop in downtown that was one of our favourite spots. He came straight from school and both of us were carrying heavy bags when entering. We've collapsed on the chairs and almost begged for coffee.

The fresh smell of hot drink put in front of us was like blessing and both of us sighed with enjoyment. We would kill for a good cup of coffee anytime.

"So doll, how's Jake?" A grin spread on his entire face.
"Right to the point, eh?" I rolled my eyes at him and he chuckled.
"Come on, you know you want to tell me." His smile was still firmly placed on his mouth. The cheeky boy.

"Ok, you are right. I was dying to tell you what's happening. But first, I want to hear what's up with you. Any novelties I'm not aware of?"

His cheeks turn slight red and I jump up in my sit, "AHA!".
I knew I hit the right spot.

"So, who is she?"
"Who said anything about a 'she'?
"Oh please Mike, I know you better than you know yourself. So....??" I winked at him suggestively.
"OMG, you are the worst." He shook his head, but his smile was still showing. With a deep exhalation, he continued.

"Well, she goes in the same year as I do. Her name is Melanie. And we sort of started dating." He blushed some more.

"Aaaaaaa, how does she look like? So she's the same age? When will you introduce her? Omg OMG, I can't wait to see her. She must be a cutie."
"Woah, slow down. Don't get overexcited. It's nothing serious yet and I'm not introducing her anytime soon."
"Yeah right. You don't need to take her home, but you are introducing her to me. If she managed to catch your attention enough for you to mention her, then she must be good. And I need to approve before you continue."

"Ha ha, you are seriously crazy, sis!" We were always more brother and sister than nephew and aunt.
"But stop changing the subject, I'm listening."