22

Feisty :)

--

It was me who woke up first this time and I took a few minutes looking at his beautiful face lying next to me, his features relaxed, looking peaceful and content.

God, did yesterday really happened or did I just imagine it?

Slightly because I was a coward and mainly because I wanted to make a special morning, I quietly got up from the bed, put on his T-shirt that was discarded on the floor and tiptoed out of the room. I used the guest bathroom, hoping it won't wake him, and then continue my way to the kitchen where I decided to prepare breakfast and coffee before he wakes up.

I was almost done when I heard the bedroom doors opening and Jake's voice carrying through the hallway to the kitchen. It sounded still gruff from sleeping.

"Jess? Jessica?"

Damn, I really wanted to surprise him. I contemplated just going to him and make him go back to bed or finish the breakfast and serve him in the kitchen.

It was decided for me when I heard hurried steps around the apartment.
He sure is jumpy this early in the morning.

He enters the kitchen spotting me behind the counter and lets out a deep exhale.

"Thank fuck."

What?

Before I manage to say anything, he is standing in front of me, his hands cupping my cheeks and his mouth pressed firmly on mine, kissing me like there is no tomorrow.

Okay... I guess he is happy to see me?

Not that I was complaining. I kissed him back with the same ferocity.

When we finally broke apart, his forehead pressed to mine, breathing heavily.

"Not that I'm complaining, Jake, but is everything ok?"

His head lifted slightly, allowing him to look me in the eyes and I didn't expect the torment I saw in them.

"I thought you left. I thought you didn't stay the night and you snuck out. Like ..."
He paused momentarily, struggling with words.

"Like... I used to do to you."

Oh God, that is why he was so panicked. Even though he was looking at me with pained expression, the corners of my mouth lifted slightly. I love this man so much.

And I told him exactly that, hugging him tightly, my cheek pressing to his chest where I could hear the thumping of his heart.
"I'm not going anywhere. As long as you want me here."

"I sure as hell want you here. All the time. Move in with me."

Wh-a-aat? He is joking, right? He must be joking, we just decided to try this relationship thing.

However, I would be a liar if I said I didn't feel the butterflies in my tummy, hope spreading in my chest.

"Ok, ok relax. Let's not make any rushed decisions. You don't have to say this just because you thought I wasn't here when you woke up."

"It's not rushed. When I realized I love you, I decided I'm all in. And sooner or later you are going to live with me. Sooner preferable, of course." His dimple grin accompanied the last part.

"So, I don't have a say in it?" I reply playfully. Even though it seemed fast, it just felt so ... right, I guess.

"Nope, not at all. You are mine now. And I can do with you whatever it pleases me."