15

I was picking at the food on my plate not being able to actually eat any of the lunch I prepared and staring out the kitchen window in my apartment, going through every little detail that happened last night for the hundredth time today.

I was supposed to meet Jake in 2 hours at his place, but I still haven't heard a word from him. Should I text him? Probably he is just sleeping late, but I don't want to just show up at his place after how we left the things yesterday. Indeed, it was me he didn't reply to his last message, so maybe he's waiting for me to make my move.

Ah, screw it, I'll text, act like nothing happened and simply confirm our plans. Standing up from the kitchen chair, I cleaned the plate and went in my room to find my phone.

Still no messages. Ok, here goes nothing.

*Hi, just checking if we are still on for today? If you are tired or busy, it's fine.*

I'm such a coward.

The reply didn't come for 5 minutes and I started biting my lip, getting more and more nervous. Despite him being surrounded with all other women, I still wanted to be with him. Sexually, I mean. And since I proposed to keep things casual, I can't really complain now, can I? Ugh.

Finally, my phone started beeping, but it wasn't a text. His name was on the screen, indicating an incoming call.

Shit, he's calling me. I actually never talked to him on the phone before.

"H-hello?"

"Hi, beautiful. How are you?"

My stomach fluttered at him calling me beautiful. I groaned silently for being so weak.

"I'm good, thanks. How are you, Jake?"

"Better after reading your text. I thought you'll bail on me."

"Uhm, no. I m-mean, if you still want me to come ... If you are busy are have some other, uhm... plans, we can cancel."

As in plans, meaning screwing one of the long-legged semi-dressed women from yesterday. I detested the idea. And I think he knew what I meant.

"No, Jess. No other plans." His tone became more serious when uttering those words, probably trying to make me see he means it. "See you in an hour or so?"

How weird it is we are talking about meeting up for sex and acting like it's no big deal. Then again, maybe for him it isn't.
I hate being in so much doubt about myself and what I'm doing.

"Yes, great. In an hour, yes. I'll see you then. Bye."

Not nervous at all. I had to roll my eyes at myself.

"Bye, Jess."

I'm not sure that calmed down my nerves at all. I was too nervous and he was being all serious on me. God, I hope this won't be awkward. Just sex, just sex.

--

An hour later I was standing in front of his building, gathering courage to enter. I made sure I looked nice, put on some nice lingerie after showering and making my skin all soft and smelling nice with my favourite lotion. At least if he's screwing other women, I want him to smell me on his sheets after I leave.

The elevator took me to the 18th floor and I rang the bell when stopping in front of his door. A couple of seconds later the door opened and he was standing there, small smile spreading on his lips when seeing me. Butterflies!

He greeted me with a kiss on my cheek and opening the door wider, letting me in.

I almost forgot how spectacular his apartment is. The sun was already low in the sky and the living room was bathing in yellow-reddish colours, making it look warm and inviting. He led me to the couch to take a sit and offered me a glass of wine.