Epilogue

16 months later...

Shit. This is not what we planned for. Shit shit shit. What if it'll be too soon for him?

The stick in my hand with a bright pink + on it was staring back at me, almost mockingly and I knew I should start freaking out, because no matter how good and loving relationship we had with Jake these past months, a child was not something we really discussed yet. For godsake, I didn't even agree to marry him yet even though he has been asking for the past year. Not that I'm not sure about us. We are good as we are, perfect actually. Why go out there, get married and put some invisible pressure on us? It's not worth it. We will do it when the time is right. But what if now this, this small little pink + makes him run again? No, no, no. I need to give him more credit. He gave me no reason to doubt his love since I saw him that day on Becca's wedding. We were good together. We are good together. It will be fine. There is no other possibility really.
So, time to put big-girl panties on, because Jessy-girl dear, you are going to be a mum. Oh my god. A stupidly happy grin spread on my face, regardless of my heart trying to jump out of my chest from the nerves. I'm going to be a mum.

I took a deep breath before opening the doors to the bathroom and walking to our living room where Jake was lounging on the couch.

"So, babe, do you want to continue watching Blindspot or do we check for some good movies?"
He didn't turn around while asking, and kept on browsing on the TV for a movie to see. That's why he didn't see that I was nervous as hell.
Here goes nothing...

"I know about a good movie we could watch."

"Oh, yeah? What's the title?"

"It's called: 'Would you prefer a girl or a boy?'"

"Really?? That's a strange title."

God, guys can be so clueless sometimes. Finally he turns around while saying, "Are you sure that's the title? Is it about..."

And then his eyes go wide, looking at me with shocking question marks in his eyes. I gave him a small nod and he just about jumped over the couch and grabbed me for my shoulders.

"Jess?? Are you saying... are you..." Looking down at my belly with round eyes before gulping loudly and looking back at my eyes.

"Are you pregnant?"

"Mhm, Jake. I know we haven't planned for it. I don't really know how it happened, but it did. I understand if you are not ready for it, because I'm scared also, but..."
I don't think I was breathing the entire time before he finally stopped me. His hand shoot to cup my cheek tenderly and his eyes were becoming glassy.

"What are you talking about? Babe, this is our baby. No matter how it happened, you couldn't have made me fucking happier. Fuck, I am going to be a father."

I already started crying at that point and he kissed my tears away, then caressing both of my cheeks with the biggest grin on his face.

"Thank god. I was afraid you... never mind. We are going to be parents. I love you, Jake, so much."

And then his grin disappeared and a deep frown replaced it.

"Get dressed. Now. Quickly. Put on something white. We need to go."

"A.. what? What are you talking about?"

He was already dragging me in the bedroom and stepping in our closet, gathering clothes, pulling out pants and shirts and dresses for me. Okay...

"Jake, what are you doing?"

"We are getting married. Right now. I don't care you wanted to wait. We are getting married today. Now. Dress up and we are leaving."

And then a laugh escaped me and I tugged him towards me, hugging him fiercely.

"Jake, sweetheart, what are you doing?"

His hand slid slowly to my tummy and he rubbed back and forth with pure awe on his face.

"I'm not letting you deliver without officially being my wife. If we are having a baby girl, she needs to know she will not have any sex before marriage, because I will break any boy's fingers who touch her before."
I couldn't help but laugh at how serious he was.
"And if it's a boy, he needs to know to step up and be worthy of his woman. So, yeah, we are getting married."

He started pulling me again, but I laughed at his words and pull him in a for a deep kiss.

"You are crazy, Jake Adams. And that's why I love you so badly. We will be as good role models for our children as we can be. And we will get married, I promise. Just not today. Would you mind now releasing the clothes you are gripping and make love to me? Because picturing you being a dad just makes you the hottest man in the world and it makes me all hot and bothered. "

"I thought you already thought I was the hottest man on earth?"

"Well, you were up there before, but now you are a definite winner."

He chuckled and then pulled me in for a deep kiss, squeezing my ass in the process and hoisting me up so I was straddling his hips. He moved to our bed quickly, but then put me down with utter gentleness and care.

"Oh, you aren't becoming soft on me now, are you?"
He sucked at the skin on my neck and smile at the same time, squeezing my nipple hard in the process, reminding who is still in charge.

"There will be nothing soft in the way I fuck you. But then I'll make sure I kiss every inch of your beautiful body and say hi to my little peanut in your belly. God, I love you Jessica. You are my entire world. And this baby will be the most loved baby ever, I swear."

I know he or she will be. Because it'll have parents and big family that will love him unconditionally. Shit, we have to tell Brian he got me pregnant. I can already feel another lecture for Jake and I can't help but chuckle at the thought.

But then he nudged his way at my entrance and everything fled my mind except for the sexiest guy between my legs. He slid into me easily with how wet I was and then a devilish grin appeared on his face.

"Did you say children? As in plural?"

I just chuckled at this and pull him down to a deep kiss, letting him mark me in every possible way it mattered.

I was ready. Both of us were ready to start the rest of our lives together. And what better way than with a few orgasms and whispered 'I love you's' long into the night.

—*—

Thank you so so much for getting this far. I hope you enjoyed it 💚
While I work on my new project, you can head to my short stories, Midnight Tales, to keep you company.

All my love, M