24

Longer chapter today since it took me forever to update :)
Things are coming to the boiling point, so keep reading :)

--*--

To say everyone was a bit skeptical about my sudden move-in with Jake would probably be an understatement. The only two people who still had my back were Becca and Mike, but even them weren't thrilled with me giving up the apartment I loved so much.

This was the one part I really was sad about, I loved that place. It was entirely mine and for me, it represented having freedom and being a responsible adult for the first time in my life. But I know it would be pointless paying the rent for it when I wouldn't be spending much time in it anymore.
And deep down I felt if I keep the apartment, it would show I don't have 100% faith in our relationship and what we are doing. I realize it was sudden, hell both of us knew it was, but we felt strongly about each other and we want to make this work, so why not try it?
Everyone always said that to really get to know the person and know if it's someone you can stay for the rest of your lives with, you should try and live with them. If you are able to handle each other's routines and willing to compromise when necessary, then there is no better proof.

It's been two weeks since I moved in with him and so far is the best I could have imagined. There is no better feeling than waking up to his warmth heating me from behind, his arm heavily draped around my waist and the smell of his body wash on the sheets. We already established a small routine and since our schedules are quite different, we try to meet up for lunch every day after I come back from work and before he leaves for the club. I don't like falling asleep alone on the weekends when he is not at home, but I love it when he snuggles closely when he finally reaches home, sometimes putting my body on fire with drugging kisses and then taking me wildly, and other times just kissing my temple and then falling asleep cuddling me.

It feels like we've been together for much longer than it seems and I'm really happy. So I want my family to be on board with it and see that this is exactly what I want now. What makes me the happiest.

That is why we decided to host a dinner party today, inviting my mum, Becca, Mike, and Brian, of course, who mostly sums up his part of the family. At least the one that is present. I wish I'd be able to meet his parents, but at the same time, I dread meeting people who wouldn't give the time of day for their only son. Well, luckily that's not coming anytime soon, so I don't have to decide about it yet.

As for my family goes, it's not like they are meeting Jake for the first time, but I can't help but feel nervous about it. I want to make everything perfect, making sure they will realize I didn't make a mistake and we are happy together. And I truly believe we are.

I'm just working on preparing the sauce for my famous chicken lasagne when I feel strong arms rounding my waist and pressing me to the front of the most handsome man I have ever seen. A shiver runs down my spine when he pushes my hair to the side and slowly starts kissing my neck. I don't think I'll ever tire of the feeling he evokes in me.

"Mmmm, as much as you are interrupting me, I can't say I don't enjoy it."

"And that's why I love you." His hot breath is now next to my ear and even though I'm crazy nervous about the dinner that's starting in an hour, my body still betrays me in hope of getting more from him.
"You taste delicious, baby." He hums and slowly drags his tongue behind my ear.
"And I'll never get tired of seeing you in our kitchen, preparing a meal for your man."

I start coughing at his comment and he starts chuckling behind me.

"Listen, caveman, if you think I'll be home every day waiting for MY MAN to come home to a warm meal and a foot massage, you picked the wrong woman."
My tone is teasing even though I'm not joking about me being a housewife for him. This is just not me.