Chapter 5: While I was Away

I couldn't go on the server again for the next few days.

But Midnight and Cally did, and they recounted everything for me.

"You should have seen it, the pool was on fire again, and while we were flying around there were trees on fire everywhere -" Midnight began.

"And Herobrine decided to play a trick with our pets -" Cally interrupted.

"Yeah, he put them, like, under tap doors -"

"And said that they would be killed -"

"So we went down and pulled them off -"

"They were under more trapdoors -"

"And if we pressed a lever -"

"They would have been plunged down into water -"

"And they would've drowned -"

"Breath, guys, breath!" I cried, holding up my hands. Cally and Midnight took deep breaths. We were at school, waiting to go into the classroom with our books. "Maybe I can go back on today. Has he done anything else?" I asked. "Well, no, but I was told that he can't see through sand blocks," Midnight replied as we walked into class. "Oh, good." I said, smiling. "So, how about we just don't smelt the sand for our windows? Then he won't be able to see through them!"

"You're forgetting about the wood, smart one." Cally laughed. "Oh. Yeah." I grinned. "Anyway, why are talking about Herobrine? We already know it was you, Cally." Midnight pointed out. "It wasn't me! Why would I threaten to hurt my own dogs? And I could never hook up a redstone thing like the one we found! I don't even know how it works!" Cally pleaded.

"Yeah, right," Midnight sniggered. "You are the best at redstone," I added. "Yeah, but I only burnt down the trees. I don't know how to do something like that!"Cally replied. She spied my mouse sitting next to my hand.

In one, smooth movement, she snatched it up in her hands. We laughed as I tried to get it back. At last I gave up and grabbed her pencil case. "Hey!" She cried as Midnight hooted with laughter behind me. "Trade?" I asked. "Fine," Cally handed over my mouse and I gave her back her pencil case. 

She had distracted us form the issue of Herobrine pretty well.