Chapter Two

My hands were on my mouth as I silently waited for what the host would announce.

"This year's Miss Universe is..." The Host's voice rang on the speaker of our television.

"Philippines! Philippines!" Kenedy, my gay neighbor shouted, making my eardrums almost explode.

"Columbia!" The host finally announced.

Kenedy grabbed the remote control and turns the television off. He disappointedly slumped his butt to the couch as he sits back. "That was a very close!" He exclaimed in a high pitched voice. "Next time, the candidate of the Philippines should win!"

"They all deserve it though." I shrugged. I was disappointed as well. Like Kenedy, I would like it if Miss Philippines won the title, but as I said, they all deserve to win.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "A Miss Universe should have a big heart, an intelligent brain, and most importantly a wonderful beauty and body that would stun the universe."

"Yep. That's right." I nodded.

"You know what, you should convince your friends – what's their names?"

"Toni and Erica?"

"Yeah them. You should convince them to join pageants. They would have a great chance of winning. They are both so pretty, you know."

"I agree, but I don't think they have an interest on these kinds of things."

"Really?"

I nodded and turned the television back on again. I pressed a different channel and let the noise from it took over the whole house.

"You know what?" He said slightly poking my arm.

"What?"

"If there is a boxing match in a pageant, you would seriously win it." He said laughing. "Oh. If there is a pageant with a boxing match, I would be the first one to let you join it."

I looked at him sharply and threw a pillow at him. I stoond up and walked my way to the kitchen.

His laugh filled the room and it made my blood boil. I was already used to Kenedy having a sharp tongue but I could still not help but get hurt by what he says.

"That's why you still don't have a boyfriend because you look like a man yourself." He shouted, still laughing hard.

"Shut up or I'll kill you." I threatened him.

I know I am not pretty, I know I don't have the ideal body but that doesn't mean that I am less of a person. This is the exact same thing that makes me sad. I did not choose how I would look. Why do I need to suffer from the things that I had no control over?

I know and I keep on telling myself not to be insecure and to be contented with the things that God has given me, but I just can't help it.

I always ask myself, how does it feel to be attractive? How does it feel to be considered sexy? I know it would be hard for me to answer these questions.

This world is just so unfair.