Chapter Thirty-four

It has been over a week since I started to officially date Zac. There has not been any change about how we treat each other. Things are the same as before except for our status. I am busy with my stuff and he's busy with his, but from time to time he always makes sure to check on me – which he always does even before.

We promised each other that after my pageant, we would make sure to spend time together. Anyhow, he is very supportive to me. He always makes sure that I am alright and I'm not overdoing myself.

I had been single for quite a while and it feels weird that I now have someone to call boyfriend. It feels great but weird somehow.

Also, I haven't gotten over his surprise. It's just over the top. It's beyond anything I could ever imagine. He told me that prepared for it for over a month. Even up until now, I can't believe that it really happened.

It's funny how our video got viral overnight. Someone from the crowd took a video of what happened and uploaded it on facebook. It didn't take long until it's all over the internet. It's actually kind of embarrassing. Some people I meet at random places could identify me as the 'girl in the video'.

My parents were extremely happy as I shared the news to them. My mom even said, "Finally!" clasping her hand on her chest looking up to the heavens.

It has been a week since it happened but if feels like it was just yesterday. This is a good hangover I guess.

But right now, I need to focus on the thing that is most important as of the moment.

Everyone's eyes are on us. I could see too many people. Are there hundreds? No I guess there are thousands watching us right now. Well, I expect no less from the biggest intercollegiate beauty pageant in the country. I could see a people from the media everywhere trying to cover the pageant. I shift my eyes and glance at the judges who are all famous personalities from different fields of showbiz and corporate world.

My heart is beating insanely fast as I observe them all. I honestly could not properly process everything that's happening. All I care about is to keep myself beautiful and to stay in poise. The screams of the audience as they support they desirable candidates adds a great factor in making me nervous. I continue to smile sweetly at them all.

With all of these happening all at once, what shocks me the most is that I am not embarrass being on stage facing a huge crowd. I actually look forward to our every appearance. Why would I be embarrassed about myself? I had prepared so much for this! I had trained hard for this! I lifted my chin and continue giving the crowd a gorgeous smile.

"Thank you. Now let's have Miss AU." The host announce,

I nod lightly and walk gracefully to the center of the stage.

A loud cheer fills the whole place. It is very loud that brings a lot more encouragement to me. To think that there are a lot of people gather here this evening to support me makes my heart flutter.

"How are you feeling, Miss AU?" The host asks.

"I'm feeling great." I answer in a calm voice.

"I've heard that this is your first time entering a beauty pageant."

"Yes it is."

"That's surprising. You're doing really great and you're even in the top five."

"Thank you." I smile at him. "Well, I'm expecting no less since I've trained really hard for this."

I hear the loud cheer again.

"I like that. Very confident." The host smiles. Amuse. "Okay. Here is your question." He announces. In an instant, the crowd becomes silent waiting for the host to state the question. "What can you say about the ideal beauty standard of the current generation?"