Chapter Twenty-three

"Hey guys. You should go." I say to Toni and Erika, who are watching the television.

"No way!" They say in unison.

"We can't do that! We can't leave you here all alone." Toni snaps.

"We can't enjoy ourselves partying at every bar we go thinking that we have an injured sister left in the hotel." Erika says.

"Well, I can't stand the sight of you two here watching TV instead on joining the rest on bar hopping. My conscience is killing me. It's my fault why I got injured and I don't want to drag you two with me. I'm begging you, go out and have fun tonight."

"No. You can't even stand up and you're asking us to leave you here alone? That's ridiculous!" Toni says firmly.

"I'm fine here. I promise." I say, smiling reassuringly.

"That smile won't work, Mel. The last time you said you're fine alone, you passed out on the beach with a broken bone on your foot. So shut your mouth up, okay?"

I smile sadly. A sudden jolt of pain on my injured foot makes me flinch. Yeah I injured myself at the shore. I slipped on a rock and broke the bone on my foot. The worst thing was that I somehow passed out after that. The next thing I knew, I was already inside the hospital. I was just fortunate to be discharged from the hospital after they put a cast on my foot.

The thought of Alexander sends bitter tastes to my throat. My eyes heat up but I blink a couple of times to push my tears back.

"Girls you should go, please." I beg once again.

"We won't. Let's stop talking about this." Erika snaps.

"Please." I look at them sympathetically.

"No."

"Zac said he will be here anytime soon." I blurt.

Zac.

I caused that man a big trouble. He was the one who carried me all the way to the hospital. Dang it! I'm so heavy. It's crazy how he stayed there until I woke up. If not because of him, I don't want to think what would happen to me.

"Zac was a big help." I add.

"He was." Toni agrees. She sighs "We'll just wait for Zac to come before we go."

"No. You go now."

"What's wrong with you?" Erika snaps.

"I just want to be alone for a while." I whisper.

There has been a moment of silence among the three of us until Toni says, "Are you sure you're fine?"

"I am. I will be. I promise."

"Toni." Erika reacts.

"She would go on and on with that topic for the whole night. She will just be annoying AF." Toni explains.

"Yeah. She's right." I agree nodding my head.

"Let's give this girl what she wants." Toni smiles sympathetically. "Call us when something happens, okay?"

"Um. I don't know where my phone is. I think I lost it."

"Seriously?" She asks and I just nod. Since we came here yesterday, I could not find my cellphone. "I'll leave my phone here." She places her phone on the desk beside my bed. "Call Erika if anything happens, okay?"

"Sure thing." I enthusiastically answer. "Now go! Morning the night, ladies!"

That's it and they left the room with worried look on their faces.