Chapter Sixteen

I am sitting all by myself in the basketball court surrounded by thousands of people who want to witness this once in every century basketball championship game. Erika and Toni are cheerleaders and they have an important presentation during the half time so I'm all by myself. I don't actually mind it. After all, I'm here to watch the team to win and I don't need anyone to be with me.

Somehow, I manage to be here before the game begins. I was able to finish my entire task early and have enough time to be here now. I'm really happy. I was not expecting to be able to watch the game but in God's grace, I am able to.

I could see media personnel everywhere trying to set-up their cameras and gears to cover this match. Diamond Cup is a very important event. It is even streamed live on a sports channel.

Even though the game has not yet started, even if the players are still in the dug outs, it's already getting pretty hot with the crowd's blazing support for their respective teams. Everyone is getting ready to lose their voices today.

With all the people inside the court today, it's impossible for Alexander to see me. I won't play unless I see you there. The thought makes my heart flutter – no, it makes my heart explode!

I grab my phone from my bag to send a message to Alexander to let him know that I'm watching. But when I hold my phone, it starts vibrating.

"Erika, what's the matter?" I say when I answer the phone.

"Where are you?" She shouts worriedly on the speaker while panting heavily.

"In the basketball gym. Why?"

"This is an emergency. I really need you."

I get speechless. She sounds like she's in a big trouble. If I get out of here, it's more likely that I can't go back and watch the game but if I don't go with Erika, she would feel bad at me.

"Hey, are you still there?" She says.

"Yeah. What's the problem? Tell me that first."

"Okay." I know she's rolling her eyes now. "Later."

"What?!"

"There you are." She says on the phone.

"Where are you?" I look around for her. "Hello? Erika? Hello?" She already ends our call. I scratch my head in frustration. I look around but I can't see her. Someone grabs my hand and pulls me from my seat. "Wait." I protest.

Erika keeps on pulling me out of the gymnasium I keep on resisting but it isn't enough. I never know Erika is this strong. I keep on complaining but she won't listen to me. We pass through the hallway until we reach the Cheerleader's Office. When we enter, she immediately pushes me to the side making me almost lost my balance.

"What is this Erika?"

She does not listen to me. Instead, she is talking to a guy. "Is she the right one?" I hear her say to the guy.

The guy speculatively looks at me from head to toe. "She's perfect." He says satisfied. "Apply make up on her." He commands to the people who are bringing large boxes of what I assume are full of cosmetic products.

In an instant, five people gather around me and start to apply make-up on my face and style my hair. Everything is happening so fast that I can't even say a word to complain. Without realizing it, they are already done.

"Wear this." The guy who I assume is the leader of the make-up artists hands me a dress. It's a sexy ivory white dress.

I look at him in horror. I can't wear this!