Chapter Nine

"What are you doing here?" I say as I type on the keyboard. "They are in the gym. You should go there. Your practice is about to start."

"Yeah. I have something to tell you."

I raise my head and look at Alexander who is sitting on the chair in front of me. I'm doing my job in the basketball team's office when he entered all of sudden.

"What?" I ask.

"Don't go home immediately after practice, okay?"

"W-what? Why?"

"We're going somewhere."

I almost choke. What? I stare at him with narrow eyes but he was looking back at me with serious face.

"Why?"

He stands and groans. "Don't ask a lot of questions." He walks towards the door. He open it and is about to step out but he stop and look back at me. "By the way, we don't have practice today Coach will just have a few announcements. I'll just come back here so just wait for me."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He smirks and goes out of the room.

I scratch my head looking at the door.

* * *

This is the 100th times I look at myself in the mirror. My brows are on fleek, my foundation is flawless, and my lipstick is great. I don't have any eye-shadows though but I think that isn't necessary. Wait should I put some or would that over do my make up? I'm going for the no-make-up make up look. I think a little mascara would do the trick.

"Let's go." Alexander blurts as he enters the room.

I jump on my seat. I quickly shove my mirror in my bag. "Y-yeah." I startle.

After I lock the office, we go to the parking lot and into his car. I feel tense all those time but Alexander gives off the fun vibe calming me down. Even when he is driving, he's the one who always talks a lot making me really comfortable. I hadn't realized it but I have fully felt at ease with him laughing enthusiastically.

He parks his car on the parking lot of the mall. He goes out and I follow him.

"What are we doing here?" I ask walking beside him.

"I want to watch a movie."

"Seriously?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?" He says with a big smile on his face.

"Yes!" I snap. "I thought this is something serious. The heck, all you just want to do is to watch a movie! Why didn't you ask Anthony for this?"

His smile fades. "Why would I invite someone else? You are the one that I really want to watch movie with today." My heart flinches. My eyes get big as I look at him. I can't look away. That sounded like a confession. He looks at me and smiles. "Because you reminds me of one of the characters of the movie."

"What are we watching?" I try to sound calm as much as possible.

"Suicide squad."

"Really?" I say excitedly. "I watched the trailer. I want to watch that movie too."

"That's great then!"

"Who reminds you of me?"

"The enchantress." He says without any hesitation. "You look like her when I saw you at the convenience store." He burst into laughter.

"Seriously?" I say with my raise eyebrow. I punch his arm and walks pass him.

His laugh is ringing behind my back.

We are just at the right time. When we enter the cinema, the movie is just about to start. We sit next to each other at the back most part. Each of us has a large cup of coke and a large bucket popcorn.

I thought I won't be able to enjoy the movie sitting next to Alexander but somehow, I managed to. I enjoy the move so much that I didn't care about Alexander being on my side. We did not even talk the whole time. We were seriously into watching the movie.

After the movie, he takes me to a restaurant.

"You look like enchantress right?" He says teasingly as we sit waiting for our order.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes at him.

He giggles. "But seriously, did you enjoy it?"

I nod, smirking. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiles. "I want you to relieve your stress once in a while so I asked you out today. You seem to be really stressed out because of the team."

I open my mouth but close it again. He's worried about me. My body feels light that I almost feel like floating. I'm just very happy.

"Are you free on Sunday?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Let's go somewhere."

"Sure." I answer quickly.