Chapter Thirteen

My already busy schedule becomes extremely busier because of the upcoming Diamond Cup. I am always in meetings and basketball practices. I am having a hard time giving my studies the priority it should be getting.

I get out of the SPS office with a very dizzy head. Two hours of meeting made me like this. We discussed a lot of information and planned every little thing about the event. The meeting went so fast than I was expecting. My head can't keep up with the load of information given. I tried to take notes at first but somewhere in the middle of the meeting, I took out my cellphone and started to record what the officers were saying instead of writing everything.

I walk along the hallway slowly.

To my surprise, an arm wraps around my shoulders. I gasp. I quickly look at the person who owns the arm.

"Hey, Ms. Manager." Alexander says. He's smiling like he always used to. Our faces are very close while looking at each other's eyes. "Diamond Cup is approaching. I can't even believe it's taking place next week. I've been waiting for this I'll do my best to get that trophy for our team."

My throat feels dry all of a sudden. I know that the whole team is preparing so much for the cup but I never thought that Alexander wants to win this so badly.

I can't think of anything to say. I fix my eyes on him.

"Our team will win this year's Diamond Cup."

I am stun.

The determination in his voice is unbelievable. I look at him even deeper and see the burning desire in his eyes.

"I know." I respond genuinely. "I know." I repeat in a whisper.

Looking at him right now gives me the assurance that our team will win the cup. I don't know why but I am rest assured that he would bring our team to championship. I know he can and he will.

He smiles. Please with my answer. He cocks his head to the side and look at me.

I look away. I can't handle the intensity of his stare for heaven's sake!

"What?" I snap.

"You look different." He giggles.

What the heck! Why so sudden? I laugh. I did not see that coming.

"Don't get me wrong but did you cut your hair?"

"No. Why?" I answer shyly brushing strands of hair behind my ear.

"Nothing. You just look prettier these days." He says naturally. He pats my head. "I need to go. See you around." That's it and he leaves.

I look at his back moves farther and farther away.

I touch my heart. It's beating like crazy. My knees begin to shake – it feels like jelly. My knees fail to support my body and I fall down on the floor looking at Alexander.