Chapter Ten

I look at myself in the mirror once more. I think I look okay but I don't have much confidence to pull off this outfit. Any outfits aside from my t-shirt and jeans are no-no for me. I'm wearing a black dress overtopped with a denim jacket and paired with a white converse and black medium sized bag hanging on my elbow.

I look fine but I don't feel confident in this. Should I change?

"Melissa, there is a guy waiting for you." Mom shouted outside my room. I startle. I jump up and down in panic. What should I do? What should I do? "Hey? Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah."

"Okay. Don't let your guest wait."

I calm myself down and take a deep breath repeatedly. I glance at myself in the mirror.

"You look good!" I tell myself out loud.

I step out of my room and immediately find Alexander sitting on the sofa. My heart is in my throat watching him sitting on my favorite couch. He raises his head and look at me. He smiles as he finds my eyes. His eyes suddenly get big in shock and he laughs.

"We're wearing the same thing!" He exclaims and stands up. He's wearing a black shirt and black chino shorts topped with denim jacket and white converse shoes.

"Oh my gosh." I cover my mouth with my hand. "I'll change quickly." I turn around and run back to my room.

"No! You don't need to." He stops me.

I look at him. "Are you sure? Aren't you worried that we would look weird?"

"Nope. Not at all. I think we look cute." I giggle at his answer. "What's wrong?"

"I can't believe you used the word cute."

"Really? What's wrong with that?"

"It doesn't suit you at all."

He chuckles. "Then, should I say, we look good together? With our outfits the like this, don't we look like a sweet couple on a date?" I instantly become silent and stare at him with my mouth hanging slightly open. A sweet couple on a date. "Don't take that seriously. We actually look like brother and sister twinning their outfits." He laughs.

"Y-yeah. You're right." I force a smile.

"Let's go?"

"Sure."

We say our goodbye to my parents who are surprisingly okay with me going out with a guy they just met. Mom even whispers to me "I like him. You really know how to choose." I roll my eyes on her and storm off the house pulling Alexander with me.

"You're parents are so cool." He says when we get inside his car.

"Yeah they are the best." I say with a proud smile.

He smiles and starts the engine.

It takes a couple of hours for us to reach our destination. But the two hours are well spent. Just talking with Alexander has never bored me out.

"We're here." He says as he parks his car in front of a modern bungalow house. He gets off the car and I follow.

The house looks quite small from the outside but it looks beautiful. The front is covered with brown and red bricks and a wide glass window on its side.

Alexander walks forward and goes inside the house.

"Who owns this house?" I ask following him. I gasp when I get inside. It's surprisingly wide with a perfect hint of modernism to every furniture and design inside. The dominant color is white making everything bright. I can feel my mood lifts up be just being inside here.