Chapter Thirty-one

"What do you want?" Zack asks me as he goes to the counter.

He asked me out today. We barely see each other these days. He's busy with his basketball practice and I'm busy preparing for the pageant. He still tries to drive me to and from the school though but unlike before, he could only do that once or twice a week.

We are both busy with our own things and it's a great break to spend time together.

"Hmmm. Don't want any." I answer.

He clicks his tongue. "You don't have to worry about spending your precious money. It's my treat. Go and choose."

"I'm not worried about my money, Zac. I'm in a diet."

"You and your precious diet." He says sarcastically. "You've lost a whole lot of weight already. Aren't you killing yourself?"

"You know I'm not. I need to prepare for the pageant. I don't want to look like a pig walking on the stage."

"You're not fat."

"I need to be sexy – ideally."

"You want to be a skinny bitch?"

"I want to be skinny but not necessarily a bitch."

I have been going to Reload gym every day with Dominic. I spend three to five hours there every day. It's part of my training. Dominic is in charge of my training including diet and exercise. He has been my personal trainer.

I almost had a physical and emotional breakdown during the first month of my training. All the exercises are exhausting and painful. I even got to the point where I was crying while executing an exercise. I also have to deal with sore muscles all over my body every single day. On top of that, I'm not allowed to eat anything sweet, salty, fatty, - any delicious foods. I only eat egg whites, sweet potato, vegetables, and chicken breast that are either boiled or steamed without salt or any seasoning.

It's very hard.

It's amazing that never in my mind that I thought about quitting. Dominic even said that he was impressed by my determination. Despite feeling sore and eating tasteless foods, I look forward every day to go and train with Dominic.

Dominic is also giving extra attention on coaching me how to walk properly. He makes sure that I carry myself well.

I step away from Zac. "Don't you like what you see?" I ask and turn around.

"I've always like what I see." He says and his eyes shine as he smiles.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Why?"

"You look like you're in love with me, idiot."

"Well I am."

"Yeah. Yeah." I roll my eyes at him. Zac is saying things like this almost like every time that it I've become immune to it. I walk back to him and hug his arm. We've become very close to each other. It's funny. I never expected things to end up this way. To think that I don't even like him before makes me smile. A lot of things had happened. So much had changed. Things turned out to be very different from the way I expected them to be.

"Let's go watch movies instead." I suggest. Actually, it's not a suggestion – it is a command. "I don't want us to go to any place where they serve food."

"Gosh you're so..."

"What?!"

"Pretty." He smiles and pinches my nose. "Let's watch a movie then. What do you want to watch?"