Taeyang as a Dad

Taeyang as a Dad

Boy(s)-0? Maybe
Girl(s)-1

He stood, leaning against the doorway watching her little hands shake and fumble with the ribbons on her ballerina shoes. This was her first time to dance on stage, she practiced over and over, he stayed up with her into late nights helping her perfect the routine, but like her dad it was never enough. He grinned and slowly stepped into the hectic backstage room and knelt down in front of her.
He cupped her shaky hands and smiled up at her, she gave him a nervous smile as he wrapped the ribbons around her ankle and tied it for her. He could feel her nervous vibes as she kept cracking her knuckles and kept trying to shake off her nerves.
Once he tied her shoes he gripped onto her small hands and cupped them gently, "you're going to do fine, you've practiced this over and over, I know you can do this," he reassured as he smiled up at her.
"What if I mess up," she whispered as tears started to form in her eyes.
"Then you make it seem like it was on purpose, as long as you keep going and make them think it was on purpose and part of the dance, no one will notice. But I know that you won't, I've watched you dance before you could even walk, as long as you remember why you dance, you will do perfect," he said as he brought her tiny hands to his lips and gave them a small kiss.
She sighed and blinked her tears away, she nodded her head and shook away the nerves one last time.
"Everyone! Line up!" The teacher called.
"Ok, remember just listen to the music, feel it, you can do this," Taeyang said as he helped her to her feet and watched as she wiped her sweaty palms on her skirt. "I'll be out there, so will your mom, just find us, dance for us, you'll do fine,"
She nodded, "come on girls!" The teacher called again.
"Go on," he said as he gently gave her small nudge and watched her line up with the other girls.
He stood up and headed for the door, he gave her one last look and caught her looking back at him. He gave her another reassuring smile and left the backstage room and made his way to the auditorium and found his seat next to his wife.
"How's she doing?" She asked as she gripped onto his hand.
"Nervous, I don't even know who's more nervous, you or her," Taeyang teased as he gave his wife's hand a squeeze.
The lights started to dim and the crowd grew hush before his wife could make a retort. The lights lit up the stage and soon the group of girls started to file out. Taeyang held his breathe as he saw his daughter take her place in the center of the stage, he knew she was gifted, every time she danced he could see the amount of passion she had, even though she was a child, she had more passion than he could explain.
The music slowly started and she slowly started to dance, in that moment he could see all the years he had with his daughter pass. From her standing on his feet as he led her to dance, to when they would goofily dance together, and when he watched her in the kitchen as she finally started to find her muse. All the years he watched her grow into a dancer was filling his mind as he watched his daughter dance gracefully across the stage.
He kept holding his breathe with every movement, with each perfect spin he could see her passion growing more and more. She took her place across the stage and started her small run into her leap. This was the part she always struggled with, he squeezed onto his wife's hand tightly as his daughter swiftly leapt into the air and perfectly landed.
He let out his breathe and slowly loosened his grip on his wife's hand. The music slowly came to an end and all the girls did their finishing pose and it was quiet only for a moment. Taeyang immediately stood to his feet and started to clap and soon the whole auditorium joined in. Whistles and whoops filled the place as the girls all lined up and stood in a line and took hands and gave a small bow. His daughters eyes found his eyes and she smiled brightly at him as tears of joy filled her eyes. Taeyang gave her a smile as the girls soon followed each other off the stage.
"Come on!" His wife urged as she pulled him to follow her backstage.
They both quickly got to the backstage door away and watched as all the girls congratulated each other. His daughter looked to the doorway and saw her parents and she ran to them.
"I did it!" She screeched as she jumped into her parents arms.
"You did amazing baby girl!" His wife said as she shuddered out a small sigh.
"I knew you could," Taeyang said as he held onto both of his girls tightly.
"Thank you," his daughter whispered as Taeyang lifted her into his arms and held her, "I kept you up late hours to teach me and it all paid off daddy,"
"It was all you sweetie, I just watched and guided you," Taeyang said as he stood up still holding his daughter in his arms and wrapped his other arm around his wife's shoulders.
"How about ice cream to celebrate!" His wife insisted as they walked out together.
"Please!! Dad please!" His daughter begged.
"Alright alright, how can I say no to the most important girls in my life," Taeyang laughed.
"Yay!" His daughter sang as she hugged her dads neck tightly.
Taeyang smiled to himself as he held his girls close to him, he always had his doubts on if he was a good dad, but every time he watched his daughter dance and catch the small glances his wife gave him as she grinned, he knew, everything was perfect.