~•ƠƝЄ•~

Every inch of Keith's body shook with anxiety. He didn't want to let his people down, especially his father, but he also didn't want to have to marry Allura. "You will not do anything to embarrass me or this empire." Keith's heart nearly stopped from Zarkon's chilling voice, but he nodded. They walked out to the dining area, and across from them stood King Alfor, along with the prince and princess of Altea. They walked up and greeted each other. "I am glad you could join us this evening." Zarkon said, shaking Alfor's hand. Zarkon looked at Keith, who was staring at the ground. He cleared his throat, catching Keith's attention. He flinched and looked at Alfor.

"Th-thank you for coming sir." Keith said quietly. King Alfor smiled at Keith.

"We were happy to accept your invitation. Weren't we?" Keith looked at Allura and Lance. Allura frowned and looked away.

"Yes sir." She said with a harsh tone. Lance smiled a little at Keith.

"Yes sir." Keith smiled back slightly, but Zarkon nudged Keith's side and his smile vanished.

"Let us have dinner now."

~

The fathers talked about king stuff at one end, while the princes and the princess sat at the other end of the table. In silence. Looking down at their food. Awkward....

"So," Lance decided to speak, "Keith, a word of advice for when you marry my sister. She's really-" But a loud, screeching noise pierced both boys' ears. Allura was giving a death glare at her food, her thumb pressed into her spoon, forcing it to bend backwards, "...feisty..." Lance laughed nervously and cleared his throat. "Anyways, just beware."

"Quiznacking Galra." Allura muttered. Lance cocked his head.

"You say something, sis?" Allura snapped out of her rage state to smile at her brother.

"Oh no, nothing, Lance." But she looked at Keith with dead, cold eyes, sending chills down his spine. Lance pursed his lips, looking down at his food.

"Heh...wow! This soup is really amazing! Don't you think so guys?" He asked, looking between the two. Keith nodded gently, stirring his soup. Allura stirred her soup as well, once she got a new spoon.

"Detestable." Keith lowered his head.

"Keith." Zarkon said, getting his attention. "Sit up." Keith's ears dropped a little.

"S-sorry." Lance noticed the look of shame Keith wore. So he turned to Zarkon with a gentle smile.

"Aw, come on Zar—uh...sir. Keith's just a teenager, shouldn't he be allowed to let loose-"

"Lance," Alfor said sternly, "remember your place." Lance smiled at his father.

"I know, I know; just saying." Keith looked at Lance, admiring his confidence. When Lance looked back at Keith, he quickly turned his gaze down toward his food.

"Father?" Keith asked, standing up. "May I use the restroom, please?" Zarkon frowned, but nodded. Keith left the room and headed down the hallway. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door, taking quick, deep breaths. I can not do this, there is no, absolute way I can do this. Allura hates my guts, I'm gay for crying out loud! I mean sure she's pretty, I guess, but—how are we supposed to get married? Keith sighed and rubbed his eyes. I mean I want to do the right thing, but..but.....He went to the sink and splashed some water in his face. Maybe I should tell Father I'm gay...maybe we can figure something else out.

"Hey uh..Keith? This is Lance. You've been in the bathroom for a while now. Just came to see if you were doing alright." Keith frowned.

It hasn't been that long? He opened the door and Lance smiled.