~•ƑƠƲƦ•~

"Does Keith really have to do this?" Lance asked Zarkon as Keith nervously made his way to Allura.

"He must be able to bond with her if they desire a stable marriage." Zarkon replied. Lance watched Allura's smile fade when Keith approached her. She frowned and looked away.

"Um, Princess Allura?"

"What." She snapped at him. Keith's ears dropped.

"I-I um...would you—care to dance?" She glared at him.

"And why would I want to do that?" Something snapped inside Keith. He growled, ears flattening in anger.

"Okay look here, sugar queen, I don't want to dance just as much as you do. I was forced to ask you to dance, I didn't even want to speak to you at all tonight. Now if you don't want to dance, then fine. Now that I think about it, I only had to ask you; I didn't have to actually dance with you, which I'm extremely thankful for," Allura's glare darkened, "but I asked, and you said no. So now that that's done, I'm going to leave and go back to enjoying my time here." Keith turned to walk away, but a hand gripped his arm. Allura smirked down at him.

"I didn't say no, Galra. In fact," she looked around the room to make sure people were watching, "I'd love to dance." She pulled him close to her and they got into position. Guests around them moved out of the way, so they could watch the couple to be. They glided across the dancefloor, and Lance frowned, looking away.

It pisses me off that she's so rude to him. She's judging him because he's Galra. She doesn't even know who he is; to her, he's just a Galra. She just glared at him, and now they're dancing together as if nothing happened. But what pisses me off most is how—how good they...actually look together.

"They certainly look like they belong to each other, don't they?" Alfor said, watching the two as well. Lance looked back at them, sighing.

"Yeah. They do." Then some girl came strolling up to Lance. Zarkon seemed to know her, his natural frown lightening.

"Oh, this is the young woman who was asking for you, Prince Lance." She was smiling at Lance..however her eyes were not.

"Hello there, sweetness." She said to him. Lance raised a brow and leaned back a little.

"Um...hi?" She curtsied slightly, holding the ends of her poofy red dress. Her long pigtails bounced gracefully when she came back up.

"My name is Nyma." She held out her hand, waiting for him to take and kiss it. Then Lance had a bad, oh, such a bad BAD idea. He just smiled, taking her hand, but giving it a very overdramatic shake.

"NAce ta mEet ya!" He boomed. Her eyes widened and her nose wrinkled in shock and disgust, "GEe ladE, you're mAghte pertE!" Lance got up close in her face with a large cockeyed grin, "HAs boUt chU an I take a shpIn on thAt ther dAncefler!?" She pulled her hand out of Lance's and backed away.

"N-no thanks...I'm good." She scurried away and Lance rolled his eyes, composing himself again. Alfor and Zarkon stood together, glancing at each other before staring back at Lance.

~

"Why are you dancing with me?" Keith asked in a low voice so no one else would hear them. Allura simply giggled.

"Well, people need to believe we love each other, don't they?" Keith raised his eyebrow.

"But we don't."

"Silly Galra-"

"If I were you, I would refrain from calling me 'Galra.'" Keith said with a glare, but she glared back.