~•ƬƜЄƝƬƳ ƠƝЄ•~

~Two months later~

"If you really want to talk to him then why don't you call?" Lotor asked, watching as Keith stared down at his mirror.

"But he doesn't answer." Lotor snickered.

"Hey, now you know how he felt." Keith glared at Lotor, before letting out a sigh. He set his mirror down on his bed.

"I don't want to bother him though."

"Why would you think you'd be bothering him?" It was more of a rhetorical question, but Keith's answer made Lotor stiff.

"..because he told me."

"Lance—wait...he told you himself you were bothering him?" Keith nodded.

"I called him one time and he was just mad. He told me he was busy and didn't have time to be bothered by someone like me." Lotor frowned.

"But.."

"Lotor, what if he hates me now?" Keith mumbled, mainly to himself, "I don't know what I could've done to-"

"He wouldn't hate you, Keith." Lotor then narrowed his eyes, "He better not hate you." Keith sighed, so Lotor held his arm for comfort, "I'm sure it's fine."

"Yeah, I mean, he's probably just stressed about Allura being alive and how she's evil and stuff." Lotor smiled.

"See? There's always another explanation that makes way more sense." Then there was a knock on Keith's door. Zarkon stood on the other side, gently pushing it open. "Hello, Father." Lotor said.

"Hi, Father." Zarkon nodded in acknowledgment.

"Good afternoon, boys. Alfor has sent me a message: he'd like us to come visit Altea." Keith's chest tightened.

"What for?"

"He says Prince Lance has been distant with him, with everyone, and perhaps his closest friends could help." Zarkon gestured to the two of them, "Meaning you two-"

"Yeah we got that part." Lotor replied, "Are we leaving like, right now?" Zarkon nodded. "Oh uh..okay."

~

"Thank goodness you've come." Alfor said to the three as they walked out of the ship. Alfor looked straight to Keith, "Prince Keith, I need your help." Said Galran stepped forward.

"Where is Lance? Is he okay?"

"He's just up in his room." Keith nodded.

"Then I'm going up, too."

"Are you gonna be okay alone?" Keith smiled back at Lotor.

"I'll be fine." Lotor nodded, letting out a nervous sigh.

~

"Lance?" Keith knocked gently on the door, "It's Keith. Kind of a surprise..b-but I was hoping you could talk to me? I know last time we talked, you said you didn't want to be bothered but—I'll bother you as much as I need to so I can be sure you're happy." The door opened to a watery eyed Lance. Any other words Keith had prepared to say were stuck in his throat.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled; his eyes were focused on the floor, "I can't talk now." Keith huffed.

"Then when can I talk to you?" Lance closed his eyes, his body beginning to shake.

"Keith, I'm really sorry, but-"

"No." Lance brought his head up to look at Keith, "What's wrong with you, Lance? It's just, this whole time you've been back, you want absolutely nothing to do with me! I don't understand what I did, and when you 'can't talk to me,' it only confuses me even more!" Keith made his way in and shut the door, so they could continue in private, "Look, I get it alright? You've got a lot on your shoulders right now. Having to deal with Allura being alive and how she tried to mind control you-"