~•ƑƖƑƬЄЄƝ•~

"What the heck was that!?" Lotor hit Keith in the head. They were out to recess at the moment, and Keith was being scolded by his older brother, "You just made it look like you would lie for Lance. Now the jury might think Lance intentionally killed Allura and confided in you!" Keith's ears lowered.

"I-I panicked! I wouldn't ever think of betraying Lance but I never would've dreamed of being faced with this!"

"Would you turn Lance in if he was lying?"

"As far as I know he isn't lying!"

"That doesn't answer my question!"

"But-"

"If you knew Lance really did plan to kill Allura, would you go behind his back and tell the truth?"

"When you put it like that it sounds horrible!"

"Keith, I could think of hundreds of ways to word that question but the amount of pain you'd feel would still be the same."

"I don't know! Okay I—" Keith looked down, shutting his eyes, "I don't know." Lotor sighed. "I want to do the right thing, but that could result to never seeing Lance again. Or if I'm lucky, behind a thick pane of glass."

"I know it's scary to think about. But you can't just think of yourself."

"You're saying Lance wants to be behind bars his whole life?" Keith asked with a glare.

"Think of Alfor. To him, it's black and white. Lance was the one with the knife. That's all that matters to him." Keith rubbed his eyes.

"But Lance is his son. As a parent, Alfor should be understanding."

"Some parents don't have to deal with their children murdering each other."

"I know!" Keith groaned, "This is all just..a lot."

"Lance's butt is on the line. You know he didn't want to do this, don't you? I can see it."

"I can see it, too."

"So why does that question trip you up so much?" Keith banged his head against the wall.

"I need a moment of silence for a minute." Lotor rolled his eyes and sat down on a bench.

"God, you're so bipolar." Keith rolled his eyes.

"You're so bipolar." He mimicked. Keith wanted to feel Lance's arms around him. He just wanted everything to be okay.

"Recess is over." Zarkon came to get them. "Let's go." They got up and went back to the courtroom.

~

"Lawrence has hand markings around his neck, bruises on his arms, and a cut in his right bicep. He was attacked by Allura and had no choice." Bashir stated. Lance kept his head down. Haliz nodded like he was agreeing with that statement.

"That could be true. Or...Lawrence goes after Allura, she fights back but is still no match for Lawrence." Haliz shrugged, "You can't prove which way is which." Bashir glared at him.

"Well you can't either." Haliz smiled, glancing to the door.

"We'll see." Bashir crossed his arms. "Your honor, I'd like to call Prince Lawrence to the stand." Lance looked up at Bashir, who gave him a nod. Haliz watched as Lance got up and walking over next to the judge. "Prince Lawrence." Haliz paused, looking down.

"....yes?" Lance asked.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about something. So you said Allura came at you with the knife first."