~•ƬӇƖƦƬƳ•~

"I think we have all learned a very important lesson from this experience." Lotor said once they were all out of the cruiser.

"Yeah," Keith crossed his arms, "never trust you again." Lotor gasped.

"Ah! How offensive!" Lance raised a brow, mimicking Keith's action.

"Well, you do deserve it." Lotor sighed.

"I am aware, and I'm sorry. But I knew Lance's plan wouldn't have worked against the four of them; it wasn't thought through very well," Lance gawked, "...no offense, Lance."

"I'm going to take much offense to that." Keith held his hand up between the two.

"Whatever, it's over and done with. And it's a good thing Lotor only faked it, otherwise he would be dead right now." Lotor gave a nervous smile under his brother's glare, "So why don't we all just go in and take some time to calm down, okay?" Lance childishly narrowed his eyes at Lotor.

"Fine."

~~~

"Hey Lotor? Can you do me a favor?" Lance was nervous; like, really, extremely nervous. Lotor shrugged.

"Sure, what do you need?"

"I need you to get Keith out of the castle. Just for a bit." Lotor raised a brow.

"Why?"

"Well....I-I want to ask your dad something, and I don't Keith to hear." Lotor was confused.

"What are yo-" then his eyes widened, "OOHH!!" Lance smiled, looking down, "OOOOOOAAHHH LANCE-"

"Okay, enough." Lance glared at him, "Can you just make sure Keith isn't here when it happens?" Lotor smirked.

"Of course, buddy. And good luck." He walked out and Lance let out a deep breath, trying to plan out what he was going to say. "Hopefully Father doesn't kill you!" Lotor added from down the hall, paralyzing Lance with fear.

~

"E-excuse me? Zarkon, sir?" He smiled at Lance, which eased the Altean's nerves a smidgen.

"Good afternoon, Prince Lance." 

"Please...Lance is just fine." He said with a sheepish smile, "I'd like to---or...I need to ask you something."

"Of course, Lance. Oh! By the way, thank you for helping my son. It was a brave thing you did today." Lance relaxed a little more.

"Well, I would do anything for him, sir." And...the nerves were back, "Yo-you see.....I love your son very much, a-and I hope to spend the rest of my life with him," he showed Zarkon a small black velvet box, "so....I wanted to ask-" Zarkon frowned a little.

"If you're asking for my blessing to marry my son, then you can forget about it." Lance's heart sank.

"I-I.." but then Zarkon leaned forward with a smile, setting a hand on Lance's shoulder.

"I already blessed it a long time ago." Lance blushed, but nodded quickly.

"Th-thank you, sir!" Zarkon laughed heartedly.

"You can drop the 'sir', just call me Zarkon. You are going to be my future son-in-law after all." Lance's blush darkened, nodding again.

"Right, thank you s---Zarkon."

"What's going on in here?" Alfor asked curiously, and Zarkon smirked.

"Oh nothing, just having a chat with my future son-in-law." Alfor nodded absently, then realization struck him.