~•ƝƖƝЄƬЄЄƝ•~

"Um.......Lotor?" It was minutes after they discovered Allura was still alive, they went down the hall to continue looking for Lance when Keith had stopped dead in his tracks.

"What?"

"Well...there's this uh, cat here.." Lotor looked behind himself to Keith, then his attention was drawn the floor.

"Cat?" Then realization struck him and he darted forward, "No, Keith! Don't let him see you!" He pulled Keith out of the cat's view and then shielded his eyes. Keith frowned at the wall, blinking owlishly.

"Wh-what just-"

"Keith, listen to me." Lotor said in a low voice, "This cat can give us away-"

"How-"

"JUST—" Lotor took a deep breath, "just, listen. You have to run." Keith frowned, "Go; get out of here so you can find Lance. If we're lucky, he didn't see your face-"

"But-"

"Keith! Please you have to listen to me. It's a possibility someone knows we're here now, maybe I can find some way to throw them off. You need to get to Lance so you two can get to safety."

"But..when are you going to be able to meet us and get to the ship?" Lotor's head whipped around to the other direction. The sound of footsteps could be heard in the distance. He turned back to Keith with an expression he could understand all too clear, "....no.."

"Keith-"

"I am not going to just leave you-"

"You have to-"

"No!" Lotor shut his eyes. Keith's vision began to blur.

"Don't argue with me, I'm your brother-"

"I just got you back, Lotor, I can't lose you again!" He cried. Lotor's eyes pierced Keith's. The footsteps sounded like the person was running now.

"Go." Keith's chest tightened, "Keith, please. I know I wasn't there for you for most of your life. And I certainly haven't been the best brother to you. Please, let me make it up to you now."

"You don't-"

"Keith, believe me, Father'll miss you more than me."

"But I would miss you more than he'd miss me!" Lotor breathed a laugh.

"Would, indicates the consequence of an imagined event or situation." Keith felt a tear fall down his cheek.

"Lotor."

"Keith, hurry. Please." Keith glanced up and could see a shadow of someone running down the hall.

"But-"

"Keith, whoever is coming down that hall going to be here in like, five seconds."

"Then we'll take them." Lotor was ready to shout at his brother when the the footsteps stopped. They both looked up.

"Lance!"

"Keith!" Lotor watched Keith run over to Lance and pull him into a hug.

"Oh my gosh are you okay? What happened? We saw Allura—Allura! She was there! How ca-"

"Sh." Lance silenced Keith with his finger, "I'll explain everything later, we just have to get out of here, now." Keith nodded.

"Right." Lotor stood up with the cat, still holding his hand over his eyes, "Um...you're not planning to take that are you?" Lotor rolled his eyes.

"Obviously, this is a really nice cat." Keith raised a brow, "Of course I'm not taking it!" Lance looked back for a few seconds.

"We should get out of here before my sister finds us." Lance reached forward to grab the cat, but it hissed and clawed at him. He shrieked and shrunk behind Keith. "Stupid cat!" Lotor patted the cat's head before setting him down.