~•ƬЄƝ•~

Keith stood outside Zarkon's throne room. Lance and Lotor were next to him; Lotor looked inside, then held a hand on Keith's shoulder, "You sure you don't want me to talk to him first?" He asked. Keith's hands shook a little but he declined the offer.

"No, thank you, Lotor but, I need to be able to talk to him on my own." Lance looked down.

"Can I come, too?" He asked, "I won't do any talking, I mean—unless you want me to talk, but I just.." Keith smiled a little, "I want to be with you, in there." The smallest nodded.

"I would be happy if you were there with me." Lance smiled at Keith and they both walked in. Lotor watched them, biting his finger. Zarkon acknowledged them but frowned at Lance, standing up.

"Keith, who is this?"

"Father, this is La—uh, Prince Lawrence, of Altea." Zarkon looked shocked.

"Really?" Lance scratched his head.
"Prince Lawrence. What a surprise."

"Heh, yeah. I had to blend in so my father wouldn't know where I was. I'm sorry for barging in like this but I really needed to speak to you." He glanced at Keith, "But I'll let Keith talk to you first." Lance smiled, giving Keith a small nod of reassurance. Keith took a deep breath and looked up at Zarkon.

"Father, there's something important I need to dicuss with you." Zarkon walked down to the boys.

"Very well." Keith felt his throat tighten as he grew closer.

"I...um.." He swallowed down any fear he had and looked up at his father, "I, can't, m-marry Allura..." Zarkon frowned—more curious than angry— but let Keith continue, "She and I have been having some..conflict a-and....well there's th-this thing..she doesn't....I mean I-I don't either b-but.." Lance could see Keith having trouble and raised his hand a little.

"If I may step in?" Keith pursed his lips and nodded. Lance stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Well you see sir, my sister is still very sour towards the Galra, and she's even threatened Keith's life." Zarkon looked at Keith.

"This is true?" Keith nodded solemnly, he felt better now that his father finally knew.

"I'm sorry, Father, I was afraid to say anything because I didn't want to cause any trouble. I thought if things just went the way they were planned, then there wouldn't be a problem."

"But you could've been killed." Lance said.

"I'm not going to argue about that right now, Lance." Keith frowned at said Altean.

"Why does it not matter to you that Allura threatened to kill you? It's like you don't even care." Lance felt himself getting angry just talking about the subject again. Keith kept calm, not wanting to shout in front of his father.

"I still think it's wrong to go against our fathers' agreement. I told you, Lance. What I want doesn't matter."

"So then you want to die!?" Keith looked down, his ears twitching.

"Putting an end to the war was what mattered." Lance stepped closer to Keith.

"So it still doesn't really matter to you, does it!" Keith tensed.

"Lance not now. We've talked about this before and-"

"And it still amazes me that you don't seem to care at all that she's basically laid out your murder right in front of you!"

"My father gave me specific orders, Lance. I was to marry Allura."

"You came here to tell him you can't marry her but you're arguing with me now that marrying her is the right way to go?!"