~•ƧЄƔЄƝ•~

Keith stood at the window in Zarkon's throne room, looking out into space. He wanted out. Very badly. "Sire," Haggar's voice came behind him, addressing Zarkon, "it would appear you have a surprise visitor." Keith turned around just as his father stood up.

"Does this surprise visitor have a name?" Haggar looked down.

"It's a visitor you won't be happy to see." Keith's eyes widened. The only person who came to mind was...

Lotor? He knew to never speak of his older brother, but Keith missed him dearly. Sure, he wasn't a goody two shoes but he was the first person Keith felt safe to be himself around. And there he was..Keith stared at him, his eyes and mouth wide open. Lotor bowed down on one knee in front of Zarkon.

"Father." Zarkon only glared at his elder son.

"You have no right to be here. You were banished, Lotor." The prince nodded solemnly.

"Yes Father, I know. I am truly sorry." Lotor looked up, "I am ready to obey your orders now, sir." Keith cocked his head. This was most certainly not Lotor. Zarkon growled.

"You were banished. You do understand what banished means, do you not?"

"Yes, Father but-"

"You were never supposed to come back!"

"I know!"

"Then what are you doing back?!" Lotor stood up with his head down.

"I was wrong. I don't know what I'm doing and I didn't think of how much of freedom would really cost." He looked away, "I have changed now. I am not the reckless son I once was." Zarkon held his glare. Keith glanced between his father and brother.

"Father, if I may..." Keith tried to speak.

"No you may not." He shut his mouth and looked down.

I thought not. Lotor sighed.

"Please, Father." Keith looked at Zarkon, who sighed heavily.

"If you think I am going to let you wander around this ship, with the luxuries you used to have-"

"Of course not."

"Don't interrupt." Lotor bowed his head in respect, "You will be under constant surveillance." Lotor raised a brow.

"Very well. I am just happy to be welcomed back." Zarkon frowned.

"'Welcomed' is a gross overstatement." He waved Lotor away; as Lotor turned, he looked at Keith. He smirked a little at him and Keith's ears twitched curiously. Keith knew that smirk, smiling slightly as well.

~~~

"Oh little brother?" Lotor's voice came from the other side of Keith's door. He opened the door and Lotor smiled, "Hello, Keith." Keith let out a breathy laugh.

"Lotor." They stood staring at each other until Lotor opened his arms.

"Well, it's not like I'm gonna bite." Keith smiled and jumped into his arms, embracing him tightly.

"Lotor.....I've missed you so much."

"I know. I've missed you too." They went into Keith's room completely so Keith could close the door. Lotor chuckled to himself, "You know, I've thought about sneaking back in here just to take you with me!" Keith laughed with his brother. They spent the next few hours together, just catching up, laughing, having the best time of their lives. Eventually they came up to the more...recent occasions. Keith's smile faded and he looked down. "Keith?"