~•ƬƜЄƝƬƳ ƬӇƦЄЄ•~

"I'm not going to let this plan fail just because you chickened out!" Keith stared, horrified at Acxa, realizing what happened.

When she had pushed Lance away, she also grabbed the device in the process.

"Acxa," Allura stood up with her hands raised, "think about what you're doing." Acxa just smirked, and her thumb dropped onto the button.

"LANCE! NO!"

~~~

Nothing happened.

Acxa frowned, looking at the device, pressing her thumb into it again. "What?!" Keith blinked owlishly at Lance, then Acxa, and back at Lance again. Acxa's frown darkened, and she crushed the fragile cylinder in her hand. Outraged, she turned to Allura. "Why didn't it work!?" Allura closed her eyes, smiling in relief.

"It faded."

"What do you mean it faded?" Acxa growled, her fists shaking.

"Well, because someone wasn't watching him, Lance had escaped before the process was fully complete."

"So?!" Keith gasped quietly, realization struck him.

"So the mind control wasn't permanent." He concluded. Allura turned to Keith and nodded with a faint grin.

"UUGHHH!" Acxa threw the remains at Allura, who shielded herself. The sound of running from inside the castle came towards the door.

"...UYS! GUYS I'M HE-" Lotor ran out and collided with Acxa. They both fell to the ground; Lotor then scrambled off of her and ran to Keith. "What's going on? What happened?" Keith frowned.

"I'll explain later. When we aren't about to die." Acxa pushed herself up, breathing heavily.

"You lied to me!" She shouted at Allura, who stood her ground, "You lied to Ezor, you lied to Narti, you lied to Zethrid!" Keith and Lotor helped Lance up as they cautiously watched the girls. Acxa then reached behind herself, letting out a calm sigh, "Oh well, we were going to kill you anyway. So I guess I shouldn't really complain." She pulled out her gun and aimed it at Allura. She gasped when Acxa pulled the trigger. But, she wasn't hit. Instead, she fell onto the ground.

"Wha.."

"KEITH!"

Allura's world was spinning. She looked back to find Keith slidding across the ground. Lance ran to him; the Galran was clutching tightly onto his side, his eyes were screwed shut and his ears were flat against his head. Allura stared at him. He saved me...

"Allura!" She snapped out of her thoughts, then quickly went to help Lance. Lotor looked at Acxa with a death glare, only to find her gone.

"I'm going after Acxa!" He announced, and took off. Allura watched Lotor leave before turning back to Keith and Lance.

"Keith.." Lance held a shaky hand to the side of Keith's face, trying to keep him awake, "yo-you're gonna be okay. We're gonna get you to a healing pod r-right now. You're gonna b-be fIne." Keith smiled weakly, barely able to keep his eyes open. Lance desperately turned to Allura, "Help me, please." She didn't say anything, but still knelt down to lift Keith up. They took Keith to the healing center and put him inside a pod. Once it was shut she backed away, but Lance fell to his knees beside the pod.

Allura was aware she wasn't the best person to be with Lance at the moment. Even though she was his sister, she still did those horrible things to him. Why? She knew the answer, and she was ashamed of it. Ashamed of herself. What kind of sister is she, to betray her own brother? Especially to that extent? And Keith; Keith...all he did was be kind to her. He tried his best but she didn't accept it. His best still wasn't good enough for her. All she saw was a Galra, just a cruel, savage, Galra. Lance was right, she was the beast.