Chaos Walking

"What bra size do you wear?" a quiet voice whispered, followed my a nudge.

I had to completely shift my body in the other direction to make sure I could see if the questioned had really left Griffin's mouth. A taunting smirk played on his full lips, eyes glistening with amusement under the bright lights of the auditorium.

"Excuse me?" I managed a choked whisper in response.

"What. Size. Bra. Do. You. Wear? Like the cup size?" he said it slowly, as if he were talking to a mentally challenged child that had a hard time comprehending what he was saying.

"Why do you even want to know?" I turned my back to him again, shifting my body uncomfortably as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Your birthday is in two weeks." he replied.

"And?" I made a gesture with my hand, feeling a few of my brother's turn their attention to me.

"And I need to know what size bikini to buy you." A laugh escaped me before I could stop it.

In reality, I wanted to tell him to back off and that he was being a complete pervert and creep. There was, however, a small part of me that would love to see him in a Victoria Secret or the shopping for girl's clothes.

The more devious and illogical part of me won out.

"Thirty-four C." I responded. To my surprise, it wasn't Griffin who responded.

"Bull. You can't possibly be that big." Jace leaned forward, hanging off the edge of his seat as he gave me a look of disbelief.

"You want to check the tags on my bras when we get home?" I threw a dark look over my shoulder at my older brother. He still didn't look at all convinced of what I was saying.

Griffin looked ready to go on, but one of Lucas' nerd friends appeared in front of me, gripping me by the shoulders with a dead serious look in his dark eyes.

"Luke is freaking out, man. Like, he's puking his guts out in the bathroom and won't let anyone in but you." I pushed his hands from my shoulders and gave him an encouraging smile.

"He's probably just nervous. Don't worry." His friends shook his head repeatedly, reminded me of one of those bobble heads I'd seen in a gift shop in Vegas last year.

"He's valedictorian, Alex. Do you not understand what happens if he's not out here?" I thought about letting the poor guy know he was overreacting, but decided he'd probably win in the end anyway.

"Why don't you take me to him?" I gave my Dad and Aliyah and swift nod before following my brother's friend out of the room. Once we were in the silent, long corridor of the school hallway, my brother's friend continued talking.

"I don't know what happened. He was pacing the room and reciting his speech one second then bent over the trash can the next. I didn't know it was possible for someone to throw up so much." I nodded, a little disgusted by the last comment.

Once we reached the dark blue door, my eyes on the stick figure hanging above it, the boy pushed it open and gestured toward the last stall.

"He's in there." then he ducked out, as if he couldn't stand being in the same room as someone getting sick.

That made two of us.

"Lucas?" I knocked on the stall door gently, cringing slightly in anticipation to hear him throw up. Nothing came but a groan.

"Luke, can you let me in?" there was silence for a few minutes before the door clicked open and started to creak.

My brother looked like absolute crap; and I'd seen him at his worst before.