Chapter two

It's been about a week since I had my little visit with that guy. I've been too shocked to tell anybody, which is stupid. I guess I should admit what had happen or else that guy might come back and murder us. I knew he was lying about leaving me alone. He wouldn't get anything out of it, so it would be useless.

I walked to the kitchen where my family was already there eating. I had off sleeping patterns since he had seen me. I felt really bad about ruining their breakfast with this news, but they really need to know. I mean, the guy broke into our damn house. I cleared my throat, and all eyes were on me.

"I have news...but don't freak out," I say warning my family. They all look at each other worried, then at me.

"I was too in shock to tell you, I'm sorry. Last week a man broke into my room and threatened to kill me, but he decided not to because he could get something out of it. I didn't recognize his voice, but he said that he was watching me for a week. I-I think we need to call the police," I explain. My dad looked angry. He then laughed sarcastically.

"You're joking? Y/N we know you had a boy over, and this is how you try to cover it up? Try actually taking some responsibility. I'm going to work early," he said furious. Oh yeah just don't even try to ask me if I'm okay since a fucking guy almost killed me. Fuck you.

"I didn't have a boy over! I'm telling you that I almost died!" I yelled.

"Maybe it's just your insane talking," my dad snapped walking out the door. I turned to my mom and brother. I scoffed at him.

"At least you believe me," I say relived. My mom looked down as her short hair covered her face.

"Honey...are you sure you weren't dreaming?" She asked.

"Now I know that nobody fucking loves me in this family," I mumble walking upstairs.

"Language!" I heard her yell.

"FUCK!" I yell back. Yeah, I'm being immature, but that's what I'm like when I'm angry. I opened my door, and slammed it closed. I opened my laptop.

"Now who is this guy," I whispered. I tried to remember what he looked like. Ugh. I couldn't see his face, but he was wearing a white sweatshirt I think? Hmm. I did some research on serial killers in my area, but nothing came up for him. What's with this guy?

"It's no use. The only thing you'll ever find on me is a old newspaper," a sickening voice said. I was about to scream, but he covered my mouth with his hand and shushed me harshly. I looked up slowly and saw the guy from last week.

"You," I say scooting back until I hit the wall.

"I already said I wasn't going to kill you. However, I found something much more entertaining," he says. I stared at him. I then realized what he meant and covered my chest. Jeff chuckled.

"No, no, not that. I'm not that shallow," he started to say, "what the hell am I thinking? Of course I'm that shallow, but I'm not thinking about that."

"Then what do you mean?" I say. He stepped forward a little so could see his features. I gasped slightly. He had a cut smile, pale skin, and dark eye circles along with dry black hair. I studied his features more. Now that I'm staring at him, he looks more sane then my first glance at him.

"You'll find out soon enough," he laughed. He was about to jump out to window but I called after him.

"Why'd you spare me, anyway, I mean why go through all this when you could just kill me now," I ask. I regretted opening my mouth immediately. He laughed.

"You're joking? I didn't spare you. What's more fun then driving your victim insane?" He laughed. I stared at him.

"You still seem confused... If you're good at something, don't do it for free," he explained as he jumped out my window. I couldn't help but smile at that. That was a quote by The Joker in one of the many Batman movies. I ran to my window to see him run back into the woods. What is he talking about?