Chapter twentytwo

//Eric's POV//

Instead of watching Jeff's body hit the floor, I was met with a bullet in my heart. I staggered back, and fell on my knees in shock. Should've known. Y/N was always special to me, and I would've treated her properly if...if she were her old self. The only reason I even wanted to kill Jeff in the first place is that he took her away. He took her brother, her bubbly personality, and even her emotions. The only emotions that she's able to express are limited to is anger, sadness, and desperation. I'm angry at her for just letting it happen, and for forgetting me. Forgetting of when we were just little kids in middle school, and I had no friends to sit by in lunch. She made conversation with me, and then began to start an on going friendship throughout out middle school years. She then forgot about me when I moved to a private school to better my studies. If I were to be honest, which I was never really good at, I'm severely jealous of Jeffrey. He can be such a prick, but he still has a special place for Y/N in his dead heart. I could never do that, no matter how much I loved Y/N. I know it's for the best, but sometimes ---

//Y/N's POV//

I dropped the gun shakily. I looked at the two men before men. One looked vaguely familiar. Eric told me the one with the smile is Jeffrey, and I know I'm supposed to remember him but I just can't somehow

"I...I'm Y/N," I say quietly. The boy with the smile looked at the man with the stitches oddly.

"Nice to meet you, miss, but should we get going? To the police station, I mean," The boy with the stitches said politely. I gasp.

"W-what? I'll be charged with m-murder!" I say defensively.

"We all would, Liu, so calm the fuck down," Jeff commented. Liu glared at Jeff.

"I-I'm sure I could make arrangements for Y/N and I--," Liu started but Jeff cut him off.

"Oh. You're going to let everyone off the hook expect your own brother, huh? The police know you well, and when I anonymously give that video to them...you're going to be charged. You can't arrange anything for that," Jeff snapped. Liu grumbled.

"Can we just...get out of here?" I spoke up. Jeff walked over to me, and put a arm around me for support. I shifted uncomfortably.

"You really don't remember me, do you?" Jeff looked at me. I gave a small smile.

"No, not really. The only thing that I remember from you is what I felt. Safe, protected, cared for, etc. I don't know who exactly you are, but you were important to me," I say leaning against him.

"Am I any less important to you?" Jeff asked. I gaped at his response.

"I-I...uh n-no, that's not at all w-what I meant to say. You're still important to me," I said quickly. Jeff gave a smug look. I do remember that, and it stills annoys me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Jeff joked winking at me. I flushed red.

"W-well I can't. My phone is at home, where I cannot go back bec-," I didn't finish my sentence. Oh my god. I remember...Jeff...m-my brother...the asylum...the cabin...E-Eric...Vivian. Memories and conversations flooded my mind. I fell off balance, and fell on the floor and backed up into a wall. I held my head in shock. More feelings and memories flooded my mind. I...

I didn't realize it before...

Why was I so oblivious to the fact?!

"Y/N? Talk to me, are you alright?" Jeff asked kneeling to the ground. I laughed, and pulled him into a kiss. I could tell he was startled, but he kissed me back anyway. I heard a small grunt in the back. We both looked up at Liu.

"Oh, no, keep eating off each others faces. Pretend I'm not here," Liu says sarcastically. I got up, along with Jeff.

"I guess you do remember me," Jeff said.

"You're an ass, but that's okay," I say as we walked out of the mansion.

"You're a exhausting brat, but that's okay," Jeff mimicked. I pushed him playfully, as we got into Liu's car.