Chapter sixteen

I woke up by Jeff shaking me awake. I groaned, and pulled the blankets over myself. Jeff snatched them off, as I felt the cold air take over my body warmth. I sat up, and glared at him.

"Y/N, we have to go now. The police are cornering us," Jeff said frantically. I never seen Jeff like this. What did he do now? Jeff ran down the stairs with me following him. The woman at the desk was nowhere to be seen. We opened the front doors, and 3 police cars were parked in front of us. Jeff put a gun to my head. Well. This escalated quickly.

"Don't test me! I will shoot her!" Jeff screamed. I trust you...I trust you...I'm going to die. Policemen came out of the car, and aimed their guns at Jeff.

"We don't want any trouble, just give us the girl and we'll give you anything," a police officer called out. Jeff stepped back, keeping his grip on me tight.

"What I want is Y/N," Jeff said, "and...and you can't make me give her up so easily!" The police officer froze. He kept on staring at me.

"Y-Y/N?" He said. He took off his hat, and I noticed who it was immediately. It was Mason, Justin's co worker. I wonder how he's dealing with his death. Probably the same as me. Terrible.

"Who is he?" Jeff said.

"He was...Justin's friend," I choked out. I begged myself not to start crying, but that obviously didn't work. Jeff huffed.

"Mason! Don't hurt him...please," I called out to him. Mason didn't lower his gun. I grabbed Jeff's gun, and held it to my head myself.

"I swear to god, I will pull the damn trigger!" I yelled. Then there was a gun shot, which made one officer fall lifeless to the ground. Another gunshot, then another, until all the officers except Mason was dead. I looked around, trying to find out where the gunshots were coming from.

"STOP DON'T KILL HIM," I called out to whoever was shooting. There was a moment of silence, until Mason was shot down with the others. Jeff took the gun from my head, and chuckled.

"You wouldn't kill yourself," Jeff said humorously. I scoffed.

"I would if it meant getting them off our asses," I defended. Jeff laughed as two men came around the corner. Toby, and EJ. Toby was swigging his gun around his finger.

"Aye, buddies, I knew you'd come for me," Jeff smirked. EJ came up to Jeff and punched his jaw.

"You put us all in danger, Jeffrey," EJ snarled. Toby chuckled at EJ.

"And you got us out of that. No hard feelings right," Jeff chuckled holding his jaw. Their eyes followed to me.

"She's not dead, yet?" Toby grunted. I shrugged.

"No. She's not, and never will be in a long time," Jeff snapped. Toby bursted out laughing.

"That's not what her wrist says," Toby smirked. My face turned red in embarrassment. Jeff grabbed my wrist forcefully, and pulled up the sleeves which revealed parallel lines of cuts. Jeff didn't say anything. He didn't show emotion. His grip on me was getting tighter, until he was cutting off my circulation. I pulled down my sleeve quickly. Thanks, Toby.

"Shouldn't we be walking to the cabin?" I asked changing the subject. Jeff let go of me, and walked ahead.

"The cabin was burned down," Toby said, "the police were on our asses, so we burned every piece of evidence."

"Where are we going to go now?" I asked. EJ scoffed.

"We, meaning Toby and I, found a place with Jason. You and the girl are on your own," EJ said. Jeff chuckled.

"You're not serious, are you? Jason...the pedophile?" Jeff yelled.

"Jason the toymaker," Toby corrected. Jeff scoffed, and stormed off. I stared at the men in disgust.

"He busted you guys out of the asylum, though," I said. Toby rolled his eyes, and cornered me against the wall. I could smell alcohol in his breath as I flinched away from it.

"Were co-workers, babe, not friends. Matter of fact, we all hate each others guts but we all do what's best for the system. Go run along to your boyfriend," Toby snarled. I was speechless. I ran after Jeff who was already way ahead of me.

"Jeff! Wait!" I called after him. Jeff stopped walking. I caught up to him.

"Wait, just...wait. What is going on? Where are we going? Just speak to me," I said clinging to his shirt.

"You said you wanted a normal life. I can't ever take you back home...I'm sorry, but there's one thing I could do," Jeff sighed, "I already ruined your life, and this isn't nearly enough for all my shit I've put you through, but there's this apartment I've bought. Would you like you come with me?" I was token back by his sudden sensitivity. I then had flashbacks about everything he's done for me. Those guys who catcalled me. Having sure I had decent living conditions. Making sure I was never alone. Then the things that weren't so genuine...

"Yeah...that sounds...nice," I say.

"What's nice about your capture getting an apartment?" Jeff mumbled. I shoved him playfully.

"You're not my capture, I mean you did tell me that I had many opportunities to leave, and I didn't. Besides, it actually does sound nice," I say. Jeff sighed.

"We're going to be walking," Jeff warned. I fake gasped.

"Walking? I don't think I, a dainty girl, could handle such thing," I said sarcastically. Jeff hid a smile, which was clearly obvious.