Chapter thirtysix

LAST CHAPTER ! *internal screaming*

(To all of you wondering how this book got sort of popular in like a couple of months and what inspired me...

Depression)

I looked out the window, as watched the raindrops race down the pane. Lighting bolts lit up the dull sky into a light show. The power went off a while ago, but Jeff was gone by then. It's not like I wanted him to be here as I shrieked, but it would've been nice to have someone here, regardless if it's...if it's...him. I kept replaying those words he said to me 'I do...love you." I did believe him at that time being. Now I don't. He left me. In the 12 hour period of being along by myself and too scared to go outside the apartment, I did...relapse into my cutting. I found the box Jeff kept the razors in. It wasn't deep enough. It wasn't ever deep enough. I cut sideways hoping to find a vain, but I didn't. I was always too scared to cut horizontally...but I'm not scared anymore. This time I found my strength without Jeff.

Jeff stumbled into the apartment and caused me to jump up from the couch. He had a girl over his shoulder drenched with blood. I squinted to get my eyes adjusted. He threw her down in front of me. I gaped in shock, which then turned into a scream. Jeff covered my mouth quickly, and crawled on top of me. He pinned me down and breathed down on me. I turned away from his alcohol scented breath. I felt multiple drops of water land on my face. I looked up slowly to see that that was Jeff's tears. My breath finally got normal. He collapsed on me and fell onto the floor with a loud thud. I sat up quickly, and turned my attention to the dead girl.

"Y...y/n," Jeff said distantly. I looked down to the floor to see him on his stomach. Pathetic. I stepped over the girl until I heard slight breathing from her. I whipped around and glared at her. Of course Jeff didn't finish the job. I pulled her up by the hair, and looked at her. As a lightning bold lit up the room I got a glimpse of her face. She had shoulder length black hair, smudged pink lipstick, and her eyeliner dripping down along with her tears. She had a bruised cheek and a split lip.

I pulled her hair to the kitchen and got a knife from the drawer. She managed to elbow me in the jaw. She then slipped on her own blood, and hit her head in the edge of the counter. I pinned her down to the floor, like Jeff does, and licked her blood off of her jaw. She looked up at me and shivered.

"What, princess? Scared yet?" I say. I was the scared one, however. I sounded just like him. She whimpered slightly and closed her eyes tightly. I stabbed her right in the stomach and watched her suffer slowly. As I saw the life taken out of her eyes, I backed up into a corner and stared shaking uncontrollably. No, Y/N, you were just putting her out of her misery. She would've died anyway. I wiped off my messy tears, and headed over to Jeff. I kicked him slightly on his side. He groaned in response.

"Jeff, I really don't want to carry you," I mumbled. No response. I attempted to get him over my back, but that failed. I gave up and just dragged him by his arm to the bathroom. I sat him against the toilet and wiped off the drool off of his mouth. I kissed his cold forehead, and smiled lightly to myself. I bandaged up some of his cuts on his arms, and wiped off any excess in his slit mouth, which turned into a scar.  As I put some ointment on his cuts, I accidentally spilled it on my arm and screamed in sheer horror. I guess it woke Jeff up because he gasped in shock and looked down on me. He held me close and looked around.

"What the hell happened? Who the fuck hurt you?" Jeff growled. I tensed up as he touched me.

"I just saw a bug," I lied. I hid my red arm behind my back. I'm actually kidnof concerned that I can lie so easily and he believes it. I don't expect more, though. Jeff let go off me quickly.