Chapter thirtytwo

//Your POV//

After I finished my drink, I felt a slight dizziness. Oh, fuck. I held onto the cold counter for support.

"You never told me your name," I say distantly. The guy swirled his finger around his glass, and chuckled.

"Doesn't matter. You should go home, I bet there's someone waiting for you," he says with a light humor in his tone. I rolled my eyes and stumbled out of my seat. I didn't bother looking for Carina and walked straight out, pushing people out of my way. I took off my heels, and held them as I walked barefoot along the sidewalk. I took out my phone to get some directions to our apartment...15 minutes by foot. That's not too bad. As I walked I felt an eerie tension. I felt that if I even breathed then I'll break the silence. I walked faster, and ignored my drunk form. I eventually fell face first on the concrete and let out a groan. I struggled trying to push myself off the ground, but I eventually did. I kept on walking trying to watch my steps for carefully. As I walked I noticed a familiar shopping complex. Those were right next to our apartment! I ran clumsily to the entrance, and stumbled up the stairs to our room. I fumbled with my house key, and jammed it into the hole. I pushed open the door, and put my bag and heels on the floor. Finally.

I walked to our bedroom, and saw Justin rolled on his back as still as a rock. I smiled to myself. I sat by his sleeping form, and ran my hand down his back. It was wet. I held up my hand, and put on my phone flashlight. I shone it on my hand and screamed. It's blood. I stumbled to the light switch, and turned it on frantically. I rolled Justin over. I shook him trying to see if he's alive.

"JUSTIN! YOU CANT DIE NOW, FUCKER! I LOVED YOU! STAY WITH ME," I screamed. I pounded my hands on his chest and tears streamed down my red face.

"Don't do it. Everyone left me. Please...be awake. I'm begging you," I said softly. I carefully got on the bed, and laid his head on my lap. I brushed his blonde hair with my fingers lightly. I heard something behind me. Breathing. I turned my head slowly to see the guy I've been terrified of for years. Jeffrey.

"Might as well kill me along with him," I mumbled turning back to Justin.

"I'm playing your game, Y/N. You started this. You killed your own boyfriend," Jeff snickered. I looked at Justin and sighed. It was me wasn't it? I killed everyone I loved, and Jeff was simply fulfilling it. I killed my brother. I killed Justin. I killed everyone. I kissed Justin's forehead, and got up. I stood in front of Jeff and glared at him. I wiped tears off of my face and stood tall.

"I will win this game. You will die," I say. Jeff scoffed.

"You don't even know how to play, princess," Jeff said. I looked at him up and down.

"Don't I? Well, you better catch me before I win," I smirked. As soon as I said that, I sprinted out the door, and jumped over the stairs. I ran down the sidewalk, and sprinted faster when I saw a bus. Every step I took, I felt a little more psychotic. I still had blood all over my body. I let this be a reminder to myself...he will do anything for you. Jeff, I mean. I can't just be the shadow in the background, and I will win this game. Perhaps, I will kill him in the end, if I don't kill myself first...but I will never die in the fault of Jeff. I ran on the bus, and sat unnoticed in the back. I fidgeted with my fingers, and laughed. Nobody was on the bus besides some druggies. The dim lights flickered above me. I pretended the flickering lights were my brother. That the lights is his way of trying to stop me. I won't. I then looked out the window to see Jeff's face. Oh, I wished Justin could see that look. That twisted look upon his distorted face. It's like he allowing me to run. For now.

I'm not meant to have a happy life. I tried that way too many times, but I'm just born to trouble. I accept that. Now, I understand, that I should be living to my full potential. Winning the game. I smile crept to my lips, which then escalated to a wide grin.