Chapter seven

It's really fucking hard taking this in. You know the whole part about this insane girl who had a crush on Jeff, who also looks exactly like me. I guess I feel a little sympathy for him since that was the only person he loved, as a sister. It's just intense how she just killed herself just because some serial killer didn't like her like that. I feel like something is missing from the story, though.

It's been a couple days, and Jeff was ignoring me. I guess I should be happy about that, because now it's my time to escape. Obviously, I could've done that a lot sooner but where am I going to go? That asshole over there pointed all evidence to me so I can't go home. I don't know the first thing about making it on my own, while this group has backup places to stay all over the country.

Jeff walked into the living room and grunted when he saw me. I grunted back, mimicking his immature self.

"Why are you being like this?" I asked. He shrugged.

"What, you like being harassed by a serial killer?" He smirked before walking away.

"I...I just...," I started to say but I couldn't find the right words to ask him about Vivian. He turned back around and looked at me.

"I fucking dare you to say her name," Jeff said before walking away again.

"Toby didn't tell me everything about her, right? Vivian didn't just kill herself because of you, huh?" I called after him. Jeff turned around slowly before lunging at me. He pinned me to the ground before holding his knife to my neck. I closed my eyes, and waiting for the pain but I didn't. I opened my eyes and saw that Jeff was shaking.

"Why did you have to look exactly like her," he groans before running into his room. I got up quickly and retreated to the couch in safety. Now there's another reason why he should kill me, oh joy. I groaned loudly. I can't take this anymore. I barged into his room where Jeff was in the corner of his room looking out the window.

"I'm tired of your shit, Jeff. You can't just expect me to stay out of your business during all of this, because guess what? I'm connected with all of this! Now actually tell me what's going on or you can kill me, because damn it this 'life' you forced me in isn't exactly a normal 17 year olds dream," I ranted. Jeff chuckled.

"I actually thought you acted just like her, but I guess I was wrong. You aren't afraid to speak your mind," he says smiling a bit.

"No, I'm fucking shaking. I thought you were going to stab me as soon as I said anything," I say humorously. He chuckled a little. I sat beside him, without saying anything. Jeff looked at me confused but looked back at the window.

"You have to promise me something," Jeff whispered.

"Promise? I mean, it kind of dep-," I started to say but Jeff cut me off.

"Promise me!" He yelled. I jumped a little from his booming voice.

"I promise," I squeaked. What's with him?

"Promise me you won't go fall for somebody who treated you like crap, like Vivian did. Don't be like her. Even though I was protective of her, I was still mentally abusive to her. She brushed it off since I'm bipolar," Jeff said as tears fell down his pale face.

"Jeff...," I started to say. I pulled him into a hug. Jeff tensed up, but then relaxed. He sobbed on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," Jeff cried. I didn't know what to do.

"About what?" I ask. Jeff glared at me.

"Oh, I don't know. Ruining your life? Killing your brother? Why haven't you tried to kill me yet?!" Jeff snapped. I sighed.

"It's a little complicated. Anyway, can you please tell me what's going on with Vivian?" I say. Jeff sighed.

"You can go. I rather you escape then hearing what happened. You can go, and possibly change your whole background and find somebody who doesn't kill people for living. Or you can hear the story of a dead girl," Jeff said. I thought about his offer. Jeff knows people, so he could get me a new name. A new background. I could meet some person who I might fall in love with. But...I can't...because Jeff is just. Ugh. So many complications.

"Tell me."