Twenty

~Next Day~ (evening)

Jimin snuggled up closer to Jungkook, seeking comfort. Currently, the two were watching a movie and Jimin's anxiety was building up inside him. He didn't want to go home. He knew Taehyung would do something worse than usual. He wasn't ready for the consequences from Taehyung.

"J-Jungkook?" Jimin glanced down at his hands and he fiddled with them. His goal, as of the moment, was to not make eye contact with Jungkook. Jungkook hummed in reply. "Co-could you possible w-walk me home?" Jimin's head stayed down. "Of course! I was planning on it anyways." Jungkook lifted Jimin's chin with his hand and kissed him lightly.

Although the kiss was light, it meant more to Jimin than anything. Jungkook was his escape from reality. He would text him whenever Taehyung was scaring him and Jungkook would be quick to comforting him. His favorite part of their relationship was, hands down, the cuddling. Nothing could beat Jungkook's cuddles.

"Jimin? Are you fine with that?" Jungkook was looking at his phone. "Huh? I'm sorry...I didn't hear you..." Jimin smiled sheepishly. Jungkook laughed and repeated himself. "I asked if you would like to go somewhere tomorrow. Like, the cafe down the street or something." Jungkook was back to watching the movie and was cuddled up tightly to Jimin.

"Oh, yeah! That sounds fun." Jimin rested his head on Jungkook's chest and within minutes, sleep hit him. Jungkook carded his hands through Jimin's hair softly. "I love you so much...I wish I knew what happened when you go home." Jungkook's smile from earlier fell to a pout as he whispered to Jimin.

~A Few Hours Later~ (7:40 p.m)

Jimin's phone buzzed loudly on the coffee table causing the two boys to quickly sit up in alarm. Jimin picked up his phone and panic filled him to the brim. A text from Kim Taehyung. "We better get going. Taehyung's waiting for me and I'm supposed to be back by eight." Jimin sighed. "What time is it right now?" Jungkook asked as he pulled on his shoes and coat.

"It's 7:41 right now and the walk to my house will be about...10 minutes or more." Jimin pulled on his coat and shoes. Jungkook grabbed Jimin's hand and intertwined their fingers as they began walking down the sidewalk. "If he does anything to you, call me and I'll come get you." Jungkook squeezed Jimin's hand lightly. Jimin hummed in response but didn't lift his head up.

"So what time should we meet up tomorrow?" Jungkook decided it was best to change the topic. Jimin had had enough of Taehyung-talk for today. "Whatever is convenient for you. I have a clear schedule tomorrow." Jimin seemed very delighted with the change in topic as he lifted his head and now had a smile across his face.

"How about  twelve then? Lunch time." Jungkook frowned a bit as he noticed Jimin's house was now in sight. "Perfect." Jimin hesitated as he began walking up the steps to his front door. He was about to knock when suddenly the door opened and revealed Taehyung. Taehyung did not look amused at all and was glaring at Jimin until he noticed Jungkook by his side.

He quickly changed his expression, trying to come off as friendly in front of guests. He moved to the side to let Jimin in. Jimin turned to Jungkook and gulped. "Goodnight, babe." Jungkook emphasized 'babe' just to piss Taehyung off. Jimin blushed and looked down. Jungkook quickly kissed Jimin and smiled.

"See you tomorrow!" Jungkook began walking away and waved. "Love you!" Jimin yelled unconsciously and quickly threw his hands over his own mouth. Jungkook laughed. "Love you, too!" And with that, he was gone and out of sight. Jimin stood there with his hands still over his mouth. He was shocked with his own actions.

"You are going to regret life in a few minutes." Taehyung growled and roughly grabbed Jimin's shoulder, yanking him into the house and slamming the front door shut. Taehyung slammed Jimin's back against the door. The sound of Jimin's back hitting the door was loud enough for anyone on the other side of the door to hear. Jimin whimpered quietly from the pain.

Jungkook's POV

"That little bastard." I grit my teeth together and began walking back to Jimin's house. I'm surprised Jimin didn't realize I wasn't walking toward my house earlier. Instead, I hid in between a couple of houses down the road and watched what would happen to Jimin. I'm not one for being nosy but this situation was getting out of hand and I had to do something.

Once I got up to their front door, there was a loud slam to the door and I could hear small whimpers. I knocked normally, as if I didn't see or hear anything. I didn't want to raise suspicion to Taehyung. I could hear shuffling on the other side of the door and small voices. After a couple of minutes, the door finally opened.

As I had guessed, Taehyung opened the door. He seemed shocked at first but soon got his act together and acted as if nothing had happened. "I need to talk to Jimin real quick if that's alright." I had this planned out in my mind. "He's in the shower." Taehyung spoke.

Just as Taehyung had said that, Jimin appeared behind him. "K-kookie?" He sniffled. 'What the hell had Taehyung done to him in just those few minutes?!' I was screaming in my mind. "Can I talk to you?" Jimin nodded and pushed passed Taehyung. I grabbed Jimin's hand and pulled him into a tight hug.

A small scoff left Taehyung's mouth as he shut the door and left the two on the porch.

No POV

Jungkook left the hug and grabbed Jimin's hand, starting to drag him along his side. "W-what are you d-doing?" Jimin was still crying lightly. "You're coming home with me. No way in hell am I letting you go back in there without me." Jungkook couldn't hold back the rage building up inside him. It was slowly seeping through every word he spoke.

"What a-about Taehyung? Won't he come l-looking for me?" Jimin rushed his small legs to catch up with Jungkook's pace. "I doubt it. He's careless. Just don't worry about that. You'll be a lot safer at my place." Jungkook eventually slowed his steps and wrapped one of his arms around Jimin's waist and pulled him closer.

"I love you so much..." Jimin whispered into Jungkook's side. He spoke quietly, not expecting Jungkook to hear him. "I love you, too. That's why I'm going to help you." Jimin smiled and hugged Jungkook tightly. "Thank you."

_____

SHIT! I SUCK AT WRITING FLUFF, ANGST, EVERYTHING! ;-; where did all of my confidence and self esteem runoff to?