Twenty-seven

Jimin had woken up a about an hour ago and it was now six in the morning. He was having troubles sleeping due to the sharp pains in his legs and all the drama that has happened recently. Everything seemed to happen so quick and it was just a bit of a shock to his mind still. He managed to limp his way to the kitchen, fetching a large bowl and bag of popcorn. He placed the bag in the microwave and watched as the bag slowly rose up and the kernels popped.

He soon took the bag out and dumped the popcorn in the bowl, throwing the bag away. He limped to the living room and placed the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and bundle up in a blanket that was draped over the back of the couch. As usual, he turned the t.v on and watched his favorite show as he munched the popcorn.

It was peaceful this early in the morning. Jimin could hear the birds chirping outside and the slight rustle of leaves as they shifted in the breeze. He smiled to himself as an actor on the show told a joke that Jimin didn't miss. Jimin threw the bowl of popcorn, the pieces scattering along the carpet, when something poked his head. He turned to the laughing figure.

"What was that?!" Jimin whisper-yelled. He was still polite and didn't want to wake up Jaehyun. "I just kissed your head. I didn't pinch you or anything. Damn, you get scared easily." Jungkook was on the floor, his own arms wrapped around his stomach, as he continuously laughed at Jimin's reaction. "You're cleaning this up, not me." Jimin deadpanned and limped upstairs, not bothering to turn the t.v off.

"Yah! That's not fair! You were the one that cooked it and ate most of it!" Jimin ignored Jungkook's whines and marched into their room, shutting the door and curling up in their bed. He buried himself under the blankets and sheets and pouted. 'Rude little ass. No respect for his hyungs...' Jimin muttered in his mind.

The door opened slightly and Jungkook peeked into the room. "Jimin-ie...are you ok?" He stepped into the room and shut the door once again. He paced over to the bed and sat beside Jimin. Jimin didn't even mumble or flinch. He could feel his emotions surfacing for no reason at all. His tears were building up as his mind wandered to some past thoughts that downed him greatly.

As of right now, he was thinking about the time he was at work, a normal day, until he received a phone call that he never thought would come.

~Flashback~

Jimin cleaned yet another table off, placing the dirty dishes from the previous customers in a bin and carrying them to the back room for one of his fellow co-workers to wash up.

"Jimin-ie~" Jimin giggled at the sound of his great friend calling for him in an adorable tone. "I'm back here!" Taehyung soon came barging through the door smiling widely. "Guess what?" Taehyung jumped excitedly. "Hm?" Jimin continued shifting things around and cleaning up dishes that had already been washed.

"Hoseok is taking me to the amusement park tonight!" Taehyung cheered. Jimin laughed at his best friend'a excitement and turned to face him. "Took him long enough." Jimin jokingly spoke. Taehyung giggled and lightly hit Jimin's shoulder.

Everyone in the back room continued working in silence. That is, until it was broken when their boss barges through the door, panting loudly, fear written all over his face. Scratch that, it wasn't fear, it was sadness and concern. He instantly locked eyes with Jimin. Jimin's heart began to pound. 'This can't be good...' Jimin sighed internally.

"J-Jimin...here. You should hear it for yourself." His boss walked over to him, handing over the phone. Jimin hesitantly took the phone, placing by his ear. Everyone in the room was frozen in place staring at Jimin as their boss was literally crying for Jimin. Everybody was confused until Jimin suddenly dropped the phone, collapsing to the ground along with the phone.

He began crying loudly and everyone cried with him. They didn't know what was going on but they could feel the terrible aura in the room. "T-they can't leave m-me! No! This is a joke! Stop it!" Jimin cried out. His family was gone. They had left him. All because of one person texting and driving, that one person killed almost an entire family.

"Jimin!" Jimin snapped out of his nightmare as Jungkook hit him lightly and stared at him with concern. "Baby, what's wrong?" Jungkook caressed Jimin's cheek. "Did I say something wrong?" Jungkook was concerned for Jimin. After all, whatever the boy was thinking about had him sweating and crying without him even noticing.

"Jungkook...I miss them..." Jimin cried. He crawled out from under the sheets and fell against Jungkook chest. "Jimin-ie, it's alright. They miss you, too. I'm sure of it." Jungkook drug his hands through Jimin's hair as he let the boy cry.

Sometimes, crying is the only way to let the emotion out. Sometimes, not even the one you love the most can be enough for you. You can't always avoid crying. It's just got to happen sometimes...

____
WELL SHIT THAT WAS EMOTIONAL AF FOR ME!

It's that time of the month~ kms 😅🔫