Part Three: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Fox woke and instantly hurt. His whole body felt stiff from the metal floor, his head rattled from the screeching cries of the freight train, his healing wounds ached and he felt crushed. Something heavy was weighing his chest down.

Fox grunted and opened his eyes, rubbing them violently when a blurred vision met him. It took a moment for him to figure out what he was looking at. A mop of black hair was on his chest, glistening in the swaying lanterns light, with white hands curled close. A naked female body was connected to it, curved and pink, and with legs and arms barely covering herself up. It was Dupont and she was human again.

For the first time, Fox felt nervous being around a naked woman; especially one that he knew was going to be naked by dawn. It creeped up on him, made his heart pump that little more and his breath become a little short. He felt his face going a little pink and it annoyed him. Just because he was now very confident she wasn't a cold, heartless killer and insane Wizard, didn't mean he could start crushing on her. She was still a pompous, stuck-up elite.

Fox, trying his best to be modest and not let himself become enamoured by the slight female lines of her body, telling himself he had seen far more impressive shapes, grasped her shoulder and shook hard.

'Dupont. Wake up.' He snapped.

Dupont stirred slowly. He saw her fingers twitch, felt her head move and noticed her body curl up a little more, giving herself a little more modesty. She raised her head, turning her face to him. He stared. Her eyes were half closed, her lips parted, her black hair sticking up at odds angles. She was clearly dopey and slowly waking up and, oddly, he found her beautiful.

Dupont rubbed her eyes and yawned, pulling herself off of his chest. He did his best to keep his eyes focused on her face and not glanced at her small breasts. But as he stared, he began to notice something. Her eyes weren't the fake blue anymore but returned to the swirling honey colour he recalled. He gazed at her hair and his stomach twisted further. The blond cropped style was gone. Dupont's hair was its rare black shade, cut neatly to stop at her chin. The glamour Elenore had inflicted had worn off.

'Dupont. Dupont, we're screwed.'

Dupont was only just awake enough now and her eyes widened as she realised the compromising position she was in. Her stark nakedness was far important than what Fox had to say. She squeaked and turned a vibrant shade of red, making her eyes glitter with embarrassment and her lips part in shock. She scooped out of the clothes that had slipped off her during the night and clutched them to her chest. Her face was on fire and she scowled at Fox. It took him a few moments to realise she was expecting him to avert his eyes.

Grunting, Fox hauled himself up and turned his back. 'Dupont, we have a bloody big problem.'

'What is it?' She demanded haughtily as she hauled on her masculine clothes.

'The glamour is gone.'

Dupont didn't respond at first but he heard her rummaging about frantically in her pack. He turned around to see her wearing only her shirt, which only just about covered her and showed off her long legs nicely. Something scratched in the pit of his stomach at the sight. He ignored it and berated himself for eyeing up an Elitist; the worst of the worst.

She pulled out a makeup mirror and flipped it open. Within seconds she whirled on him, her eyes ablaze with panic.

'What do we do? I am too noticeable like this.'

'Hats. We tuck your hair up in it. Should be good enough.'

That didn't seem to appease her. He could see her chest rising fast, her fingers twisting. Before he could stop himself, he was in front of her, holding her shoulders and getting her honey eyes to look at him. He liked these eyes. Far better than the blue.