The After Party

The blinding lights from the passing cars only made my headache worse.  I groaned as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Are you okay?"  When Krys's voice broke the silence,  I jumped.

"Yeah.  I'm just fantastic..."  My voice was hoarse from crying all night.  I don't remember the last time I was this exhausted.  "I just want to get home so I can get in bed and go to sleep."  I sighed.

"I hear you,"  he said,  taking a hand out of his pocket.  

I watched the tail lights of another car as it drove by.  

I.  Am such an idiot.  I looked over at the guy next to me.  The same guy who ruined my friendship between my best friend and I.  The same guy who seduced me multiple times.  The same guy who...

I felt him wrap his arm around my waist and my anger evaporated.  I looked up at him again.

The same guy I fell in love with.  

I sighed inwardly.  He didn't ruin my friendship.  I did.  I can't blame him for something I allowed to happen,  something I am also in the fault for.  As wrong as it may or may not be,  I don't exactly regret any of it.  Maybe I regret not telling Maya I liked him before he even asked her out...  Wait...

"I have a question."  I blurted.

"Okay,  go ahead." 

I was hesitant,  "Why..."  My voice broke.

"Hey,  come on."  He stopped and turned towards me.  "You can ask me anything."

"Why did you ask her out?"  He removed his hand from my side and continued to walk down the street slowly.

I didn't move.  "Krys.."  he didn't stop,  "Krystian."  The use of his full name made him stop,  but he didn't face me.  "So,  that's how it's going to be?  One second you're going to comfort me,  tell me everything's alright,  and tell me I can ask  you anything.  What,  so I can ask,  but you're just going to ignore me?  What the hell,  Krys!"  

"You don't get  it - "

"You're right,  I don't fucking get it,  because you won't let me understan --"  he turned swiftly,  and the anger and pain on his face made me stop what I was saying.

"I'm in love with you,  Kadyn."

There were no words to describe the feeling that overcame me.  It was a mixture of anger,  and happiness,  and betrayal,  but the strongest was the butterflies in my stomach.  

He slowly inched towards me until there was not anymore space between either of us.  Shock distorted my features.

"you...  What?"

"I've never been in love..  I've never even had feelings for a girl.  I've only used them for my own personal gain.  I have only known physical attraction.  Not emotional...  But,  you."  He paused,  taking my face into his hands,  "That's why I asked Maya to that movie,  I got scared.  I didn't want to try,  I didn't want to put myself in a position to set myself up for rejection,  or - or heartbreak,  and I figured,  being with Maya like that,  I dunno,  maybe I'd be able to get closer to you.   I just,"  he looked away and dropped his hands to his side.   "I don't know how to do this."  He let out a shaky breath before turning back to me.  "I am so sorry I did this to you..  To you and Maya,"  Right before he turned to start walking again,  I saw those brown eyes of his get misty.

I caught up to him and grabbed his hand.  We walked in silence the rest of the way to my house.  

The Krystian Holmes,  in love with me?  Is that even possible?  I mean...  What could be so special about me?