Complete Bliss

For a moment I fought the kiss, but eventually I just gave in, kissing him back.  

"Kade -- "

"Stop talking,"  I pulled him up off the floor and closer. 

He climbed on top of me, pushing me down onto the couch, kissing me aggressively.  I felt his hand slide down my side, and back up my shirt, resting on my back.  I tangled my fingers in his hair as I got lost in his kisses.

He pulled out of the kiss, breathless, and rested his forehead on mine.

"I love you, Kadyn."

My heart felt like a jackhammer beating against my rib cage, I couldn't breathe and I had some of the worst butterflies I'd had in a long time.  

He pulled back more and looked me in the eyes, causing me to grin like an idiot.

"What?" And there it was, that breath-taking smirk that I hadn't seen in a very long time. 

"God I missed that," I bit my lip as I gently stroked his face, smiling.

"And I missed that smile." He kissed my cheek, breathing in my ear. 

I wrapped my arms and my legs around him tightly.

"Come on," He said after a moment, standing up and holding out his hand.

"Where are we going?"  I asked.

"To sleep in the same bed."  He smirked down at me.  "Let's go."

So I got up and followed him up the stairs.  He took off his shirt crawled into bed, and I went in after, he pulled me in close, wrapping his warm arms around me.

"You know that I love you right?"  He whispered in my ear.

"Yes, I love you too."  I snuggled in closer.

In that moment, it was complete bliss, and I couldn't remember the last time I was that happy.  With him here next to me, breathing in my ear, and his pulse beating against my back through his chest, I practically fell asleep instantaneously.

Every thing was just ... perfect.

Every thing, that was, until Maya came busting through the door, screaming and crying.