Open Wounds

I turned over and looked at my clock, 2:49am.  Sighing, I looked at my dark ceiling, watching my fan blades go around and around.  

I reached over for my phone and pulled up Maya and I's conversation.  I had tried to get her to talk to me.  I even told her I broke it off with Krys in hopes of getting her to respond, but no matter what I did, or said, she wouldn't respond to me.

I sighed in my empty room.

I couldn't help but wonder what Krys was doing at this moment.  I opened our conversation. He had repeatedly messaged me over and over again, either to say that he misses me or he can't stop thinking about me, or that he was dying to see me.  My heart fluttered as I read the last one, "I love you, Kade."  He had sent that an hour ago.

I locked my phone screen and walked downstairs to the kitchen and looked through the cabinets.  Nothing looked good, so I went to the fridge where I found a message from Mom saying that she went on another business trip and that she'd be back next week.  I sighed, throwing the note in the trash.

I sat on the counter for a moment.  

My mind wandered to Krys again, making my heart cringe.  I bit my lip, looking at the stairs... It had been over two and a half weeks since I broke up with Krys... Maybe Maya was never coming around.  That doesn't make it any less wrong though.

I groaned loudly. 

I ran back up the stairs and into my room, and back onto my bed.  My phone was on my pillow, I grabbed it, and before I could talk myself out of it, I texted Krys, and he almost immediately responded.

I can't sleep.

Me either.. I miss you too much..

Before I even knew what I was typing, I had hit the send button.

Maybe we could both sleep better if we were in the same bed.

I'll be there in five minutes.

I felt my heart take off in my chest.

 Did I really just do that?  What is wrong with me?  Oh shit.

I got up and looked in the mirror at the mess looking back at me.  I pulled my hair brush out and started to tear through my hair.  Then I threw on a little bit of eyeliner, and rinsed my mouth out with mouth wash.

My nerves started to take over.  It had been so long since I'd even seen the boy.  I started to feel sick to my stomach.  My heart skipped a beat as I heard my phone go off from my bedroom. 

I'm outside.

I took a deep breath before slowly walking to my bedroom door.  As soon as I turned the nob, I was down the stairs and at the front door in an instant.  I swung the door open to see Krys standing there, awkwardly. 

"I didn't think you'd be awake."  I said quietly from the other end of the couch.  I wasn't looking at him, but I could feel his gaze on me.

"I haven't really slept a lot lately..."

Silence.

"I miss you."  His voice was barely audible. 

I looked over at him.

"You're all I think about...  Call me obsessive, call me crazy, call me whatever you want, but I can't get you out of my head, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't breathe without you popping into my head."  He got up and sat on his knees in front of me.  "Kadyn, I don't know what to even do with myself, I've never felt this way before.  What am I supposed to do if I can't do anything with out you?"  He laid his head in my lap and cried for a moment.

"Krys..."  I felt a tear slide down my cheek.  I stroked his messy hair for a moment. 

My heart sank deeper and deeper with each sob he let out. 

This was so wrong... But why would God make something that is so wrong seem so good?  I swallowed, and took a deep breath.  

"I know that I messaged you, but Krys..."

He looked up at me with a tear-stained face.  "Don't, don't break up with me again, Kadyn.  I need you..."  

I wiped the tears from his face, my heart was breaking.  

"Tell me that you don't love me, look me in the eyes and tell me that you want me to go, and I'll walk out that door right now.  If you can say those words --"

I reached my hands out and stroked his face with my thumbs.  "Krys, I do love you, I do, I just --" 

He leaned forward and kissed me desperately before I could finish my thought.